prepared to be torn apart here...

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
hey!

i've just started to focus more on my channel & would really appreciate some honest feedback on it.
what do i need to work on? thumbnails (i'm awful at photo editing tbh), production, my presentation... am i entertaining enough? would you return to my channel? if not, what could i do to make you want to?

i'm looking forward to some honest feedback.
thank you! :)

Hey Tahlia!

Just checked out your channel. :) I like to go by the numbers, so here I go.

Thumbnails: I have absolutely no issues here. They're interesting and far more eye-catching than many of the big Youtubers out there, so you're set. :)
Production: It seems fine. Maybe later on you could get a camera with a tad bigger resolution, but this can serve your purposes (shoe0nhead got big with a potato cam). The only issue I have are the jump cuts, but I'll comment on that more in the next segment.
Presentation: Well, you seem to be an interesting person, and you have charisma, so I don't think that YT would be a problem for you in the long run. Now, I'll be honest - I think you talk too fast. :) Now, this doesn't need to be a problem at all; perhaps that is something your subscribers like. I checked your milestones and it seems that your sub count is on a steady increase. I suggest you make a poll within a video (via cards) and ask if you talk too fast. I don't mind people talking too fast, but I do have an issue with it if I can't understand what they're saying. You don't
need
to
talk
too
slow
- just bring it down a notch. Again, and I can't overemphasize this enough, this is just me and it may be something that the fans just love about you, so you're better off checking it with them. :) Regarding the jumpcuts, I know that a lot of YouTubers use them in order to make them seem fast paced, and you're like that anyway, so the conversation seems dense (not dense as in stupid, just... dense :D ).
I think you're entertaining enough and that you have what it takes. Just keep going at it and you'll be fine!

Hey Tahlia!

Just checked out your channel. :) I like to go by the numbers, so here I go.

Thumbnails: I have absolutely no issues here. They're interesting and far more eye-catching than many of the big Youtubers out there, so you're set. :)
Production: It seems fine. Maybe later on you could get a camera with a tad bigger resolution, but this can serve your purposes (shoe0nhead got big with a potato cam). The only issue I have are the jump cuts, but I'll comment on that more in the next segment.
Presentation: Well, you seem to be an interesting person, and you have charisma, so I don't think that YT would be a problem for you in the long run. Now, I'll be honest - I think you talk too fast. :) Now, this doesn't need to be a problem at all; perhaps that is something your subscribers like. I checked your milestones and it seems that your sub count is on a steady increase. I suggest you make a poll within a video (via cards) and ask if you talk too fast. I don't mind people talking too fast, but I do have an issue with it if I can't understand what they're saying. You don't
need
to
talk
too
slow
- just bring it down a notch. Again, and I can't overemphasize this enough, this is just me and it may be something that the fans just love about you, so you're better off checking it with them. :) Regarding the jumpcuts, I know that a lot of YouTubers use them in order to make them seem fast paced, and you're like that anyway, so the conversation seems dense (not dense as in stupid, just... dense :D ).
I think you're entertaining enough and that you have what it takes. Just keep going at it and you'll be fine!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I definitely do try to talk quite quickly & to keep my videos fast paced (partially because I worry that people will become too bored if I slow down at all haha). The poll is a great idea - I'll try that in my next video.
And hey, I think both definitions of dense are pretty accurate in describing my videos ;)
Thank you again for your response. I truly appreciate it :)

It looks like your channel is doing pretty good! probably just keep uploading consistently! Your videos were entertaining! you had great energy, and I love how sometimes you talk really fast its awesome! your channels gonna be great
Maybe mix up the thumbnails sometimes? thats all I got. great channel

It looks like your channel is doing pretty good! probably just keep uploading consistently! Your videos were entertaining! you had great energy, and I love how sometimes you talk really fast its awesome! your channels gonna be great
Maybe mix up the thumbnails sometimes? thats all I got. great channel
Thank you so much!! I genuinely appreciate it. I'm shocked that people actually seem to like my channel haha, thank you for giving me confidence in what I'm doing. It really means a lot :biggrin:

Last edited:
I personally like your content alot! I think you talking fast has a charm to it. Also whether this is intentional or not, but I feel like whenever you need to take a breath you cut that out and just keep talking. Keep it up its awesome!

I personally like your content alot! I think you talking fast has a charm to it. Also whether this is intentional or not, but I feel like whenever you need to take a breath you cut that out and just keep talking. Keep it up its awesome!
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your feedback (':

A thumbs up from me c:
Really, seems like you're doing great. You have your own character; editing is on point.
I personally like the content you produce as well. I may stick around, heh

Keep up at it!

Back