prepared to be torn apart here...

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey!

i've just started to focus more on my channel & would really appreciate some honest feedback on it.
what do i need to work on? thumbnails (i'm awful at photo editing tbh), production, my presentation... am i entertaining enough? would you return to my channel? if not, what could i do to make you want to?

i'm looking forward to some honest feedback.
thank you! :)

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hey Tahlia!

Just checked out your channel. :) I like to go by the numbers, so here I go.

Thumbnails: I have absolutely no issues here. They're interesting and far more eye-catching than many of the big Youtubers out there, so you're set. :)
Production: It seems fine. Maybe later on you could get a camera with a tad bigger resolution, but this can serve your purposes (shoe0nhead got big with a potato cam). The only issue I have are the jump cuts, but I'll comment on that more in the next segment.
Presentation: Well, you seem to be an interesting person, and you have charisma, so I don't think that YT would be a problem for you in the long run. Now, I'll be honest - I think you talk too fast. :) Now, this doesn't need to be a problem at all; perhaps that is something your subscribers like. I checked your milestones and it seems that your sub count is on a steady increase. I suggest you make a poll within a video (via cards) and ask if you talk too fast. I don't mind people talking too fast, but I do have an issue with it if I can't understand what they're saying. You don't
need
to
talk
too
slow
- just bring it down a notch. Again, and I can't overemphasize this enough, this is just me and it may be something that the fans just love about you, so you're better off checking it with them. :) Regarding the jumpcuts, I know that a lot of YouTubers use them in order to make them seem fast paced, and you're like that anyway, so the conversation seems dense (not dense as in stupid, just... dense :D ).
I think you're entertaining enough and that you have what it takes. Just keep going at it and you'll be fine!

Reactions: tahlia

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Tahlia!

Just checked out your channel. :) I like to go by the numbers, so here I go.

Thumbnails: I have absolutely no issues here. They're interesting and far more eye-catching than many of the big Youtubers out there, so you're set. :)
Production: It seems fine. Maybe later on you could get a camera with a tad bigger resolution, but this can serve your purposes (shoe0nhead got big with a potato cam). The only issue I have are the jump cuts, but I'll comment on that more in the next segment.
Presentation: Well, you seem to be an interesting person, and you have charisma, so I don't think that YT would be a problem for you in the long run. Now, I'll be honest - I think you talk too fast. :) Now, this doesn't need to be a problem at all; perhaps that is something your subscribers like. I checked your milestones and it seems that your sub count is on a steady increase. I suggest you make a poll within a video (via cards) and ask if you talk too fast. I don't mind people talking too fast, but I do have an issue with it if I can't understand what they're saying. You don't
need
to
talk
too
slow
- just bring it down a notch. Again, and I can't overemphasize this enough, this is just me and it may be something that the fans just love about you, so you're better off checking it with them. :) Regarding the jumpcuts, I know that a lot of YouTubers use them in order to make them seem fast paced, and you're like that anyway, so the conversation seems dense (not dense as in stupid, just... dense :D ).
I think you're entertaining enough and that you have what it takes. Just keep going at it and you'll be fine!
Thank you so much for your feedback! I definitely do try to talk quite quickly & to keep my videos fast paced (partially because I worry that people will become too bored if I slow down at all haha). The poll is a great idea - I'll try that in my next video.
And hey, I think both definitions of dense are pretty accurate in describing my videos ;)
Thank you again for your response. I truly appreciate it :)

Reactions: Boki

Palooza Pizza

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
It looks like your channel is doing pretty good! probably just keep uploading consistently! Your videos were entertaining! you had great energy, and I love how sometimes you talk really fast its awesome! your channels gonna be great
Maybe mix up the thumbnails sometimes? thats all I got. great channel

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It looks like your channel is doing pretty good! probably just keep uploading consistently! Your videos were entertaining! you had great energy, and I love how sometimes you talk really fast its awesome! your channels gonna be great
Maybe mix up the thumbnails sometimes? thats all I got. great channel
Thank you so much!! I genuinely appreciate it. I'm shocked that people actually seem to like my channel haha, thank you for giving me confidence in what I'm doing. It really means a lot :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Palooza Pizza

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
See, I told you that your fasttalk might be one of the reasons your channel is doing so well. ;)

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
See, I told you that your fasttalk might be one of the reasons your channel is doing so well. ;)
Today we learned that the secret to success is talking quickly! You're welcome everyone :tongue:

Noidz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally like your content alot! I think you talking fast has a charm to it. Also whether this is intentional or not, but I feel like whenever you need to take a breath you cut that out and just keep talking. Keep it up its awesome!

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally like your content alot! I think you talking fast has a charm to it. Also whether this is intentional or not, but I feel like whenever you need to take a breath you cut that out and just keep talking. Keep it up its awesome!
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your feedback (':

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A thumbs up from me c:
Really, seems like you're doing great. You have your own character; editing is on point.
I personally like the content you produce as well. I may stick around, heh

Keep up at it!