Posting a pic of your vid rather than actual vid on FB

Oh, I wasn't talking about tagging your friends. I agree that would seem to get annoying to most people. I was just talking about posting a pic instead of the video.

oh it's better because the picture appear bigger on facebook news feed and wall and everything
on the other hand video only post large on fan page timeline. Everywhere else it appears as a thumbnail.
So picture is better, just keep in mind that if someone share the picture without the link people wont find it so idk maybe use bit.ly links and write the shorten link on the image.
that might work

oh it's better because the picture appear bigger on facebook news feed and wall and everything
on the other hand video only post large on fan page timeline. Everywhere else it appears as a thumbnail.
So picture is better, just keep in mind that if someone share the picture without the link people wont find it so idk maybe use bit.ly links and write the shorten link on the image.
that might work
Good advice; thank you! I'm not totally familiar with how bit.ly links work though; how would I shorten the YouTube URL into a bit.ly link?

go to bitly.com
enter the web address (top right corner)
and then it give you a shorted link
you might have to enter a captcha to prove you're not a robot

Good advice; thank you! I'm not totally familiar with how bit.ly links work though; how would I shorten the YouTube URL into a bit.ly link?

You just go to bitly and copy paste your YT-url in there. It's better if you make an account at bitly though. That way you'll get custom bitly-urls and analytics for your urls, so you get to see how often they were used, etc.

Back