Posting a pic of your vid rather than actual vid on FB

Rob Anderson

Loving YTtalk
Has anyone experimented with posting a picture of your video thumbnail on Facebook, and then linking to the video in the picture description? I've heard that this is better than posting the actual Youtube video to FB, because FB's algorithm prioritizes pictures on their site over embedded videos from other sites. Anyone have experience with this?

I read something that pictures get shown to more people than videos do. I recently started doing it, and more people are seeing the picture post instead of the video post.

Has anyone experimented with posting a picture of your video thumbnail on Facebook, and then linking to the video in the picture description? I've heard that this is better than posting the actual Youtube video to FB, because FB's algorithm prioritizes pictures on their site over embedded videos from other sites. Anyone have experience with this?

i have posted pictures of the thumbnail with a link. unfortunately the link is just sorta a hidden description..im sure it would works to some extent but it goes over most peoples heads..... but the Pictures will receive waaay more likes and shares then the video..simply cause it's just a picture! videos are "too much work" to watch as silly as that sounds haha

I used to post the picture of my video and on it, it said link to youtube video in description. It's better because your friends can tag people in the picture if they want and you can tag your friends if you want. let me see if I can find an example of what I used to do
Found it, TaDa!
TADA
561439_345106458923437_330984042_n.png

I used to post the picture of my video and on it, it said link to youtube video in description. It's better because your friends can tag people in the picture if they want and you can tag your friends if you want. let me see if I can find an example of what I used to do
Found it, TaDa!
TADA
Thanks for the insight! You used to, but don't do it that way anymore?

Thanks for the insight! You used to, but don't do it that way anymore?

mostly because i wanted to stop tagging my friend ever week. I thought I was being annoying kidna like spam. But some of my friend say they don't mind so i might start doing it again

It doesn't really matter for us because only our hardcore fans are on our facebook fan page, so they watch every video even if we don't post links to it.

Can't speak from personal experience, but as far as I know this is true, yeah. Facebook doesn't show every post to every "liker" and their algorithm favors FB internal stuff over pure external links.

I usually forget to do this, but yes i have done this before, and the picture *usually* gets more likes than the video! I wold try it out!

mostly because i wanted to stop tagging my friend ever week. I thought I was being annoying kidna like spam. But some of my friend say they don't mind so i might start doing it again
Oh, I wasn't talking about tagging your friends. I agree that would seem to get annoying to most people. I was just talking about posting a pic instead of the video.

Back