People who say "Don't care about money" when joining a network...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I did it for the money I'd have quit a long time ago. With the amount of time I spend doing stuff on YouTube I make cents an hour... That's right... cents...

So I can safely say I am not in YouTube for the money. I do it because I enjoy it. I enjoy sharing my passion for cars with others. And I enjoy sharing part of my life with others via my CarVlogs. YouTube is the best hobby I have ever had. And it's one that gives back. Active subscribers, people on these forums. It is a wave of positivity, always. Sure, there are some negatives, but those get drowned out.

I don't do it for the money, I do it for the amount of time the money allows me to spend with my family and travel the world and have crazy awesome experiences with my wife and kids. As it is, that takes money. But I really don't care about the money itself.

^ That is a wise reply right there. Money is meaningless unless you have something awesome to spend it on. I am hitting a rough patch lately when it comes down to that. But I am sure everything will turn around with hard work and diligence. I hope to be in a good financial situation in the future, so I too can travel and do awesome things with my wife and two kids.

I am not ashamed to say that i would like good money out of this.................

But it does not mean that i am doing my videos only for the money........i do it because it keeps me busy......

I don't intend to join a network nor do I ever intend to monetize anything on my channel, so I have no need for a network who wants to make money off my content. I am very pro-privacy and extremely pro-Adblock so I have no need to join.

Isn't a network suppose to help the channels they are signed up with, including promotion, because I don't see the need for one if they don't help us grow, especially channels with 500 or so subscribers. Game publishers help promote, why not Youtube networks? I know it's partly the user's responsibility but why not give a nudge in terms of promotion? I'd love that myself, I don't know where else to go to to boost my own subscriber base, it took me 9 months to get around 150 subs FFS.

Last edited:
I imagine a good 80% (I spent a whole 2 seconds coming up with that figure... science!) of folks who say they just make videos for the fun of it are secretly hoping to one day do it for a living. Why hide it? There is nothing wrong wanting to turn something you are passionate about and love doing into a career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back