Partnership questions...

Captain Romantica

I've Got It
My first question is what does it take to become a YouTube partner exactly? I'm not sure I have what they may be looking for.
Second question, do I need to have all authentic music to become a YouTube partner? I wanted to know because I clearly state I don't own any of the music so I don't get sued.

My first question is what does it take to become a YouTube partner exactly? I'm not sure I have what they may be looking for.
Second question, do I need to have all authentic music to become a YouTube partner? I wanted to know because I clearly state I don't own any of the music so I don't get sued.

1) The notion of "full partner" is obsolete, as all the differences will be wiped out after the layout change that's supposed to happen today. For all intents and purposes, if you have ads on your video, you're a partner. You could use adsense, or get accepted by a network.

2) Do you mean using copyrighted music? If you do that, don't. Make sure it's music that's either been licensed for your use (like through a network you're in), or it's royalty free. If you play a One Direction song, that won't fly on YouTube.

1) The notion of "full partner" is obsolete, as all the differences will be wiped out after the layout change that's supposed to happen today. For all intents and purposes, if you have ads on your video, you're a partner. You could use adsense, or get accepted by a network.

2) Do you mean using copyrighted music? If you do that, don't. Make sure it's music that's either been licensed for your use (like through a network you're in), or it's royalty free. If you play a One Direction song, that won't fly on YouTube.
Wait so I can't play any licensed music? Then what do I do with my past videos?

if the video has a copyright next to it (it may say "blocked in certain countries" not copyright) then you may have a copyright strike on your account. In this case you need to delete all of those videos because you won't get accepted for adsense or partnership if you have copyright strikes and they take 6 months to go away after you've deleted the video :/

if the video has a copyright next to it (it may say "blocked in certain countries" not copyright) then you may have a copyright strike on your account. In this case you need to delete all of those videos because you won't get accepted for adsense or partnership if you have copyright strikes and they take 6 months to go away after you've deleted the video :/
Ok so i read something that said you can do it if you credit the artist, so if i credit the artist for the music and clearly state i do not own the music or any rights to it, will I be ok? Because Iv'e seen many YouTube videos like that..

For example, if you have a video with One Direction music playing in the background, you can't monetize that, and it may block you from getting a partnership. I don't know if it will or not, it depends on if you get caught. If you do, you'll have to either delete the videos or open a new channel and get partnered through that.

For example, if you have a video with One Direction music playing in the background, you can't monetize that, and it may block you from getting a partnership. I don't know if it will or not, it depends on if you get caught. If you do, you'll have to either delete the videos or open a new channel and get partnered through that.
what about older music or other artists? I credited the artist in my latest video and clearly stated i don't own any of the music or the rights to the music

Ok so i read something that said you can do it if you credit the artist, so if i credit the artist for the music and clearly state i do not own the music or any rights to it, will I be ok? Because Iv'e seen many YouTube videos like that..
it matters who the artist is.. you have to have permission of most people saying you have the rights to use their music/content on your videos otherwise the second your videos try to monetize (or you claim the video) boom you'll get copyright strikes. which you may already have from posting videos with copyrighted music.. saying you don't own it means nothing! That's pretty much just admitting you're using the content/song without permission :L
Unless you have an online licence or some kind of permission I would stay clear of ANYTHING which is copyrighted.

EDIT: sometimes if you use less than like.. I think it's 10 seconds it can get pasted as "fair use" but you still won't be able to claim or monetize the video

Back