Over 10 subscribers!!

Alexa100598

After being on youtube for over a year and going through loosing and gaining subscribers, I finally reached 1o subs on June 25th 2012! Hit 11 yesterday :)
Do you think I can make it to 15 by July 15th? Also just 166 away from a total of 3,000 video views.

You only have 11 subs and you were on youtube for a year?? That is horrible no offense you should not be bragging
Yeah I know, but I wasn't really trying to get known for the whole year, I wasn't trying to make friends, get noticed, etc... I was just sitting there waiting for people to magically find me. Pretty stupid of me isn't it?

After being on youtube for over a year and going through loosing and gaining subscribers, I finally reached 1o subs on June 25th 2012! Hit 11 yesterday :)
Do you think I can make it to 15 by July 15th? Also just 166 away from a total of 3,000 video views.
It's still an achievement, nonetheless :)
Just try adding more tags and you should get more views/subscribers - just make sure they are relevant to your video :D

Alex, you're a talented girl! I admire your editing skills. Congratulations on your milestone. Keep doing what you do, and that number will skyrocket.

I saw your latest video, "Shadows". How did you do that effect?

Alex, you're a talented girl! I admire your editing skills. Congratulations on your milestone. Keep doing what you do, and that number will skyrocket.

I saw your latest video, "Shadows". How did you do that effect?

Thanks! :) In "Shadows" I filmed in front of a green screen. Then in Final Cut express I did the chroma keying after which I added the "Gradient Colorize" effect.
After you add it to your footage you go to the filter menu and under "Gradient Colorize" there are 3 bars. The bottom bar has 2 little squares under it representing the fill in colors of your object. Basically, if you want to completely fill in your object, you delete one of the squares (doesn't matter which one). If you want to fill in your object with two or more colors, you can click on the bottom bar to add more squares or just keep the two you originally have. Either way, you then right click on a square and a menu pops up to let you choose a color to fill in with.
I'm not sure, but I think it works similarly in other video editing software. Hope my description is not too confusing and helps:)

You only have 11 subs and you were on youtube for a year?? That is horrible no offense you should not be bragging
She's not bragging man, that was a bit uncalled for. Yes that's not much of a return or growth for being on youtube over a year, but you know what? She's happy with the little things and obviously values what she has. @Alexa I think it's wonderful you're happy with that many people, having ANYBODY want to see you is an acheivement, so I for one am proud ;)

If you want to gain subscribers, look to the annotation tools. By including a note or speech bubble or spotlight and clicking the link option- you can direct viewers to subscribe to your video with a clickable link inside of your frame. Some people choose to obscuretheir videos with this kind of material, to force the viewer to subscribe or at least [x] out the squares. Don't do this-- it distracts from your filmmaking. If you sign off your videos with encouragement to like, comment, and subscribe-- viewers will be more apt to do so. But keep in mind, the average YouTube viewer isn't logged into an account. It's certainly not your content that is responsible for low subscribers, that's an internet culture thing. Many channels are reluctant to interact with others because it reflects on their image. You have good quality content, especially considering your experience.

--In fact, here's some insight on your well made video, take it or leave it--
The Shadows is a fun video, you're playing with the right tools. Really appreciate the work from [0:19 - 0:25] The frame-freezes in midair syncing together to finish the move, and the spread of the dancer into a line of three waving arms, and the overlapping blue shadows were great. Some of the rhythm cutting is disjointed, in particular the rapid color flash towards the end. The reverse motion on the cartwheel made it less impressive-- but starting to play with time shows promise. I played with more of these Final Cut video tools when I was a younger filmmaker. Here's an example of a similar style, the work is well over six years old. As you watch this and draw comparisons, be proud of the choices that you have made, chroma keys and color solids make for a much cleaner look than what I published from Final Cut Pro 4. Look at the rhythm, that was the focus of the edit. I would love to go back and mend this work, but my rough cut was uploaded by the record label-- so I can't make alterations to it at all...

Back