One Weird Trick for appearing more confident in a video

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Other youtubers hate him! :giggle:

Joking aside, this might be something everyone already knows about, but just in case, I thought I'd share.

When I was starting out making videos, I felt like I was talking too slowly and didn't seem as energetic as I wanted to be. Just getting my point across while recording was an accomplishment enough, so I didn't work on presentation as much. So I was messing around while editing and discovered an easy fix to make me appear more confident in my words and as an added bonus, shortens the video length a bit!

All I did was slightly speed up the video and audio (I'm talking about 105-110%, not the typical crazy fast forward speed) and selected "preserve pitch" so my voice didn't sound unnatural and chipmunk-like. And voila! That, plus some strategic jump cuts, can make you sound much more confident if your videos are coming across as slow and dull.

Hope this helps someone out! :)

That's interesting. Let's hope it will work for all of us!

I'd also love to know if this is helpful for someone or it only works on me for some reason. XD[DOUBLEPOST=1468355983,1468355948][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's interesting. Let's hope it will work for all of us!

Yeah, let me know if it helps out! It worked really well for me, so I'm curious if this works on everyone.[DOUBLEPOST=1468356156][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the tip.. btw what editing software are you using?

Just iMovie right now. Although there should be a similar setting for most software.

Back