New YouTube "Premieres" Feature.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
I was uploading a video this morning (still uploading it in fact, the internet is soooo slow in Italy...) and I saw a new upload option called "Premieres".

A quick YouTube search found a great video by VidIQ in which they explain all about the feature. Basically it allows a creator to schedule a time for publishing a video, and the thumbnail gets published as soon as the upload completes. Rather than being able to watch the video immediately though, underneath the thumbnail there is text that reads "Premieres Oct 31st at 10:00", or whatever date and time you have pre-set.

When the time and date arrives, YouTube add a countdown prior to the video and then publish it as if it were a live stream - allowing the creator to interact with viewers in a side bar chat screen.

When the video is completed it reverts to a normal pre-recorded video.

Personally I think this is a very interesting concept, and one that I am keen to try out.

Has anybody else heard of this or have experience with it?

Does sound interesting. I wander if it works for everyone or just the elite? partners? Also how will it influence impression click through rate? Some grumpies like me might just click hide video if don't damn work when I wanna press it.

I've seen channels doing this! I think it's fun and is a neat concept! =) I think it'd work best with channels that have a large following and/or post long videos, because I think the chat and "live" part only lasts for the duration of the video -- so if you make short videos and/or have a smaller following, there won't be much of a conversation for the first few minutes after a video is posted... :/

Creator insider said 20% get it now, regardless of channel size

Interesting...I must be one of the lucky 20%!

aha! It just got enabled on my channel :)

I have it enabled!

hey people, don't feel so lucky :D I also got it enabled with 1 subscriber and 170 channel views in total...
guess it is out there for all. (at least accounts standing in good order?).

Usage? people tend to overuse or misuse whatever new arrives.

It would be cool (speaking for small channels like me) to Premiere something big ...
I don't know yet what it could be "big" though, maybe a collaboration?

:)

Back