Need My Channel Reviewed Please

Thank you for saying that stuff show, I spent alot of time writing that up with every intention of helping, but never again. I'm not going to give anymore full critiques like this, I made a thread that generally summarizes what will usually be the problems with people's vlogs if they want that kind of critique, but I'm not doing this again. It's just... even when you're trying to give someone a harsh truth to help them improve, I think the result is usually so negative that it doesn't make the person say "oh well now I'll work harder" it just makes them feel belittled and discouraged, I don't want to do that anymore.

PERHAPS, PERHAPS i could do what I did at soundclick, and open up a thread "symphonious' BRUTAL critiques!" And warn people in the thread I'll be extremely detailed and critical, but quite frankly I discovered today I've already made some peoples' opinion of me become very negative. So I'm not doing this again. But thanks stuffshow, I'm glad someone understands I spent time really trying to help.

'tis now what you say its how you say it. If teachers were like this in school and I have done my fair share of tutoring and teaching no one would make it through high school. In some cases you also are not um that well informed. This is about as harsh as I will get because we are not in your thread. However you have many things to learn yourself about videos and vlogging and the entire visual media thing. If you want to be *this critical* you need the respect of those your talking AT not to when you do this. Then you can get away with being a little more harsh. No one knows you they are aware only that they are on a forum and may not even have seen your channel. However your "critiques" are you put it are totally useless if the person throws the camera in the garbage and never does anything on youtube again. So maybe take some lessons from those around you because I see a few people here who are vloggers giving advice that is similar to yours but they are doing it in a different way. So lets say I am "critiquing" your abilities to give constructive critiques. :) You need to put the 2x4 away. Its not helping people because your turning them off and they no longer want anything to do with it. Its not helping you are your earning enemies along the line. One part of youtubing and getting an audience has to do with earning their respect and having them enjoy what you do.

You can't give advice if no one is listening. :)

Yep... beautifully put and totally understood. This little fiasco of mine has come to an end thanks to you buddy. I appreciate you calling me out on it, I would have kept doing it if you hadn't.

Back