Need My Channel Reviewed Please

unknown_user134525

Hey guys! I'm pretty new here are you can probably see from my stats.

I'm looking for new input for my channel and videos. I'm mainly a vlogger but I also talk about news, sports and I'm currently part of a couple of challenges. One of those challenges is to vlog everyday for a year. So far I've been pretty good at this except for a few days ago when YouTube was having some uploader problems. This didn't give everyone problems but unfortunately I was one of the unlucky.

The problem I'm seeing with my channel and videos is how inconsistent everything seems to be as far as video and channel views. I think I've done all I can do to my channel page. I'm not a partner and as we all know, non-partner YouTubers are limited in various ways. Now I know I'm not the most exciting person in the world but feedback can help me. I look at the comments on some of my videos are they are not something I can respond to. When I look at my comments, I want something that I can respond to and hopefully I'm not the only one that takes something away from the conversation. I'm also not the best at editing. I'm currently using Sony Vegas Pro 10. This is one of those very advanced programs and I only know how to do basic things.

I currently have 110 subscribers and I know that sounds fine for someone whose channel is only a year old but I feel like most of the subs I have are dead subs. I'm forever getting subbed and then they expect me to sub back. The only problem is, I'm not one of those guys that do sub4sub and they end up unsubbing. If you don't make videos or if you don't make videos I care for, I'm not subbing.

Anyway, this post went longer than I thought it would. Bottom line, if you have any suggestion as far as my content and if you know some good editing tutorials, I'd be glad to know about them. I'm also looking for some decent free non-copyright music/sound effects. I believe the link to my channel will be in the signature but if not my channel name is iLennyTV.

I enjoy ti when you say 'that's a thing' is a cool little slogan!

I like your channel, you have a good prescence about you :)

Welcome to the YTtalk community! We shall help you with anything we can including reviews and getting rid of dead subs hehe

Browse around and don´t forget to check out the Creators Playbook!

Jonathan

I think that personal vlog channels would probably be some of the hardest to promote, mostly because nobody is really searching for your stuff. Nobody is thinking to themselves "Oh hey, you know what I really want to watch? A video where a guy talks about his newborn nephew. Lets find a video like that!"
For an alternate example, I make review videos. So its much easier for me to get views because people will be actively searching for the TV shows that I talk about.
I dont think its nessisarily a bad thing, but it is going to be much harder to find an audiance because for these sorts of videos, you really have to get people invested enough in you as a person that they care about what you have to say.

This for example is a "first vlog" video that instantly got me hooked and interested in what this girls life is like.
So for suggestions I would say, first of all make sure your videos are at least 2 minutes long, and you really want to aim for 3-4.
That will give you more time to let your personality show through the video. Give us a look into your life and your mind!
Try talking about things that are more search worthy. Ask yourself when you make a video "If I was bored and clicking around youtube, could I find this video via a search term?"
I would avoid commenting on the news unless its something that really got you going. Talk about things you are passionate about and your passion will hook your audiance. Its always way more interesting to watch someone talking about something that you can tell they obviously care a great deal about. (Also nobody searchs for the news on YouTube. They watch the big name news youtubers like sxephil and call it a day.)

Aaand lastly get that logo in the corner. Its a little bit distracting.
I do think your videos are good though! And your editing skills are fine, nothing is lacking. Your not cutting off your words awkwardly in your cutting like I used to before I got the hang of it lol.

Dont forget to max out your tags! :)

I think that personal vlog channels would probably be some of the hardest to promote, mostly because nobody is really searching for your stuff. Nobody is thinking to themselves "Oh hey, you know what I really want to watch? A video where a guy talks about his newborn nephew. Lets find a video like that!"
For an alternate example, I make review videos. So its much easier for me to get views because people will be actively searching for the TV shows that I talk about.
I dont think its nessisarily a bad thing, but it is going to be much harder to find an audiance because for these sorts of videos, you really have to get people invested enough in you as a person that they care about what you have to say.

This for example is a "first vlog" video that instantly got me hooked and interested in what this girls life is like.
So for suggestions I would say, first of all make sure your videos are at least 2 minutes long, and you really want to aim for 3-4.
That will give you more time to let your personality show through the video. Give us a look into your life and your mind!
Try talking about things that are more search worthy. Ask yourself when you make a video "If I was bored and clicking around youtube, could I find this video via a search term?"
I would avoid commenting on the news unless its something that really got you going. Talk about things you are passionate about and your passion will hook your audiance. Its always way more interesting to watch someone talking about something that you can tell they obviously care a great deal about. (Also nobody searchs for the news on YouTube. They watch the big name news youtubers like sxephil and call it a day.)

I do think your videos are good though! And your editing skills are fine, nothing is lacking. Your not cutting off your words awkwardly in your cutting like I used to before I got the hang of it lol.

I'm having problems getting the logo in the corner. When I try to move the logo to the corner, it ends up disappearing. I'm not sure what the problem is.

This post... EPIC!
That is all one can say or do!
Great way to summarize!

Jonathan

Okay, I watched a few of your videos and you have a great presence in front of the camera. Your editing and flow is superb, and I really like your intro. Then it kind of hit me that it sort of sounds like you're doing a Phill DeFranco impersonation at times in the way you speak. That's sort of where my criticism ends. You have the type of charisma that deserves to have a huge amount of subs, and you seem dedicated so it's sad that you feel you don't have that many people watching. I subscribed because I like how you do commentary on recent, relevant events and as I've said you have an interesting personality and eloquently get your opinion of course.

* One more thing, I wish your videos could be a bit longer because with a lot of them as I got into them they seemed to be over.

Back