Need Channel Critiques!

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Hey guys, so I am fairly new and I want to keep learning and improving and just getting better. I'm not trying to be like anyone else, just myself! I hope I'm bringing that through my videos.
I would love it if people can give me their thoughts on my videos, good and bad or maybe it's all bad >_<!
Thanks guy I appreciate it a lot
Much love!

Link down below

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjvVWYgp-ElU1mxMWRTWszw

Hi! I'm Audrey. I'm just gonna watch your video Emily is Away Part One and just list some things I notice that are good or bad (in my opinion my opinion could be easily different from the next person, of course.)

-Smacking your lips while recording is really annoying and I do it as well. It's a really bad habit we should ALL get rid of even in real life!

-While playing a game with a lot of writing without any narration, I would read at least the question out loud. Or the answer you chose out loud, especially since you were using the numbers on your keyboard and we couldn't tell what you chose until after you selected it.

-I love the commentary

-Your face cam should be smaller for this game. Some games, like skyrim, that size face cam would be perfect. Although, in this game the face cam is covering the words and should be decreased in size.

-Ums at the end are common and hard to not do. To solve this, I propose you have an ending and an intro you use frequently to avoid the ums and smacking of the lips

-I love the endscreen the music fits okay and should fit with most games.

I hope this helps! I actually really enjoyed the video so I subscribed. Have a nice day.

Hey. I'm really appreciative you took the time out to check it! Yes I agree the UM's and UH's are very annoying habit and it's a problem I am currently trying to solve. Most likely that I'm finding things to say and I'm nervous in front of the camera. Finding an exact thing to say at the end is great as well, I'll try to find some kind of outro. The lip thing is me just thinking of what to say as well and trying not to just stare the camera without saying anything. I'll try to find a "resting" face that seems okay. Thanks again for the advice and I'll take it into consideration for sure. (By the way, your link isn't working) Just wanted to let you know! I tried checking out your channel but couldn't get to it.

okay, let me take a look. channel art is great, love the images, but your profile picture aka channel icon does not match it at all. looks like its totally unrelated

channel intro video is way too long. a intro video should be quick fire and last around 30 second (1 minute max) the intro video is to hook people in that are new to your channel. you spend 30 seconds of it talking about saying hello. doesn't really engage the audience as it should (i apologise as i see you only just made it lol)

watching your latest overwatch video. i would make the facecam a little smaller and add a border of some sort to make it look more professional . you could theme it to different games or something

commentary is good, quality is good. i enjoyed it

thumbnails are fine, a little generic perhaps but they are fine. i would consider using a default template for all your thumbnails that add a bit of you to each one . this is something i am about to do on my channel. here is a mock up of my template i am working on

00652327d32de6d3ea4ee4637fcca412.png

This means that people who enjoy my content will instantly spot my videos in a search, it also gives my channel and videos a better brand, and make you stand out from the generic thumbnails

okay, let me take a look. channel art is great, love the images, but your profile picture aka channel icon does not match it at all. looks like its totally unrelated

channel intro video is way too long. a intro video should be quick fire and last around 30 second (1 minute max) the intro video is to hook people in that are new to your channel. you spend 30 seconds of it talking about saying hello. doesn't really engage the audience as it should (i apologise as i see you only just made it lol)

watching your latest overwatch video. i would make the facecam a little smaller and add a border of some sort to make it look more professional . you could theme it to different games or something

commentary is good, quality is good. i enjoyed it

thumbnails are fine, a little generic perhaps but they are fine. i would consider using a default template for all your thumbnails that add a bit of you to each one . this is something i am about to do on my channel. here is a mock up of my template i am working on

00652327d32de6d3ea4ee4637fcca412.png

This means that people who enjoy my content will instantly spot my videos in a search, it also gives my channel and videos a better brand, and make you stand out from the generic thumbnails

Hey Loki, I like that idea of yours! I like that but I feel like that would give my videos something a little too repetitive, seeing like 20+ thumbnnails in succession with the same logo, but who knows. I'm still working on my thumbnails and testing different ones to see what I like and what works. Yeah my profile picture is just a cartoon drawing of me, I wasn't sure what else to throw down, I kind of liked Markiplier's layout so I tried to do something similar. Yeah a lot of people say to put a border around the facecam so I may actually do that. Thanks for taking the time to review my channel![DOUBLEPOST=1468175598,1468175555][/DOUBLEPOST]
I went ahead and subbed and left you a comment good videos btw

Thanks! Sorry for the late response I didn't see the notification for some reason

Back