Need Advice on Youtube Comments

Juke Joint Gaming

At this time I have 143 subs but of those subs I bet only around 10 actually watch the video. I am not concerned about that right now since I am new and figured its a good year out before I get a real following.

My question is for all the other subs and comments.

• People who post "good video, now come check out mine"
  • People who post good video then provide a link to their channel
  • Those who post (you know its copy and paste) I just found your channel so lets support each other, blah blah blah
  • Those who post a comment 2 seconds after you upload about what an awesome video you have and its 40 min long so you know damn well they didn't watch it.
I used to spend hours every day commenting on their stuff but I'd actually watch the video and comment on things in it. I found this was taking away from my productive time.

So a few questions.
  1. Do you delete spammy comments?
  2. Do you take 2 hours every day and go reply to everyone?
  3. Do you just say thank you for watching and thats it?
  4. Do you ignore it all and just keep posting videos
  5. Or none of the above
Any advice would be helpful

also sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, wasnt sure which one to put it in.

My rule of thumb for comments on youtube is:
1) Delete any self promoters / spams
2) Love comments that give me feedback whether its good or bad and ask them what I need to do
3) Go to others videos that are similar to mine and maybe ask for a collab, but not ask for subs or likes
4) Comments can be the best way to grow so definitely interact with other channels

I'm a much smaller channel than yours but I would love to hear the responses from everyone else. I would possibly just say thanks for watching, but I haven't had any comments yet so I wouldn't know what I would say.

It's still activity on your video, so I wouldn't delete them. You can reply to them by just saying thank you or ignore it. Youtube usually filters out the spam comments anyway so they require you to approve them or not.

2) Love comments that give me feedback whether its good or bad and ask them what I need to do
3) Go to others videos that are similar to mine and maybe ask for a collab, but not ask for subs or likes
4) Comments can be the best way to grow so definitely interact with other channels
I second this, and this is pretty much exactly what I do for my channel. Even when I get well past a following, I still plan on hearting every comment I read that provides feedback, has good humor, and just isn't spam. My outlook on YouTube is that it's all about the community. Responding to comments is very important. If you 'play hard to get' with your viewers, it's just gonna backfire on you. And interacting with other channels is also vital to growing an audience. Before you have fans, you gotta make friends.

I'm very for freedom of speech, though, in my comments. You can say whatever you want, as long as it's not spam or explicit self-promotion.If you're a family friendly channel, though, you might wanna put some censors up for cursing and stuff, if your audience is primarily kids. If you cater more to a mature audience, don't delete criticism and stuff like that, otherwise that'll backfire on you. It really depends. Every niche has their own community and their own practice for comments. The universal trick, though, is responding to comments. If I'm a new viewer to a smaller YouTuber's channel, I comment, and they completely ignore me, then I'm turned away cause I feel like they're already developing an ego. lol

At this time I have 143 subs but of those subs I bet only around 10 actually watch the video. I am not concerned about that right now since I am new and figured its a good year out before I get a real following.

My question is for all the other subs and comments.

• People who post "good video, now come check out mine"
  • People who post good video then provide a link to their channel
  • Those who post (you know its copy and paste) I just found your channel so lets support each other, blah blah blah
  • Those who post a comment 2 seconds after you upload about what an awesome video you have and its 40 min long so you know damn well they didn't watch it.
I used to spend hours every day commenting on their stuff but I'd actually watch the video and comment on things in it. I found this was taking away from my productive time.

So a few questions.
  1. Do you delete spammy comments?
  2. Do you take 2 hours every day and go reply to everyone?
  3. Do you just say thank you for watching and thats it?
  4. Do you ignore it all and just keep posting videos
  5. Or none of the above
Any advice would be helpful

also sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, wasnt sure which one to put it in.

Firstly after going over you channel it seems like you're uploading 2 videos per day averaging around 30-50 minutes worth of content, so it seems to me that you're hustling very hard to get out a lot of content thats good. But I don't think you should stop the way you were engaging with other creators just for the sake of saving time.

1. If you have spammy comments I would ignore them
2. I would post a 15 minute gameplay video (with edit cuts to speed up the gameplay) and spend more than 2 hours after I upload engaging with the community as this is more powerful than just putting out content
3. If someone takes the time out of their day to comment on my video regardless of their motive, I make sure to go out of my way to respond accordingly to their comment
4. Don't just ignore it even if the commenters don't mean it. Show them you genuinly care they commented.

I hope this helps and good luck with your channel, keen to read your response :)

I don't ignore comments even if they are self-promoting, as I currently get very few comments on my videos. In fact I'm probably likely to check out their channel regardless and responding, in the hope that this engagement will encourage them to come back to my channel in future and I think it does work sometimes, especially if you comment on their videos also.

I would delete spam comments (comments with link to other channels) and leave the rest. The comments is activity on your video and that is a good thing:up2: Just answer with a simple "thanks for watching":) But yes comments on videos gennerally is a good thing

I love this advise and I disagree with leaving self promoting comments. i think it will just encourage others and its about engagement and building a community. I am a huge fan of Neebs gaming and one of the things i really like is their fan base. its very positive and one day I hope to have the same.

when i comment on others i never self promote. I figure if i leave a good enough comment and ask a question about what i watched and engage them that in turn will get them to come to my channel which has been working. I'll start asking for a collab as well but I never copy and paste responses its always something new I type in.

Back