Need Advice on Youtube Comments

Firstly after going over you channel it seems like you're uploading 2 videos per day averaging around 30-50 minutes worth of content, so it seems to me that you're hustling very hard to get out a lot of content thats good. But I don't think you should stop the way you were engaging with other creators just for the sake of saving time.

1. If you have spammy comments I would ignore them
2. I would post a 15 minute gameplay video (with edit cuts to speed up the gameplay) and spend more than 2 hours after I upload engaging with the community as this is more powerful than just putting out content
3. If someone takes the time out of their day to comment on my video regardless of their motive, I make sure to go out of my way to respond accordingly to their comment
4. Don't just ignore it even if the commenters don't mean it. Show them you genuinly care they commented.

I hope this helps and good luck with your channel, keen to read your response :)

Thank you. Posting 2 a day is not easy when you have a girlfriend, work a full time job and host a radio show. Building a back log of videos I think is the way to get this done so working on that. Getting a video down to 15 minutes when you are trying to upload full chapters is tough even with editing but I agree that 10 - 15 minutes is a good length. Mine sometimes go over that.

Thank you all for feedback

As a rule blatant spam I delete...if its just someone posting a link or blatantly asking sub4sub then i'll clear them off...if its a bit more veiled though y'know like "Hey I really loved your video, I have a similar video on my channel check it out sometime! keep doing what your doing!" I'll leave those on for a couple of reasons... mainly because I read an article a while ago that suggested that comments get counted in youtubes algorithm (It doesnt class if there good comments or bad comments just that they're getting comments) but also because they dont look too offensive on the eyes vs blatant spammers...

And obviously genuine and nice/critical comments I leave up because hey! it takes all sorts to make a world and Im glad someone could take the time to comment :)

Thank you. Posting 2 a day is not easy when you have a girlfriend, work a full time job and host a radio show. Building a back log of videos I think is the way to get this done so working on that. Getting a video down to 15 minutes when you are trying to upload full chapters is tough even with editing but I agree that 10 - 15 minutes is a good length. Mine sometimes go over that.

Thank you all for feedback

I agree with backlogging videos so you have something to put out everyday. Not sure if you've seen gaming videos from DashieXP. He does a variety of gaming videos and uploads everyday and he approaches it by only playing for 1 hour and cutting down the video to no more than 20 minutes. Maybe that approach might be useful. But I understand the struggles of juggling Youtube and personal life haha its not easy. Good luck man, looking forward to your progress.

I agree with backlogging videos so you have something to put out everyday. Not sure if you've seen gaming videos from DashieXP. He does a variety of gaming videos and uploads everyday and he approaches it by only playing for 1 hour and cutting down the video to no more than 20 minutes. Maybe that approach might be useful. But I understand the struggles of juggling Youtube and personal life haha its not easy. Good luck man, looking forward to your progress.

I've tried that approach with other games but with some I dont know if the audience would like one video a chapter or several short videos covering the same chapter. Still new to all this. For me personally I prefer to watch a whole chapter no matter the length.

I've tried that approach with other games but with some I dont know if the audience would like one video a chapter or several short videos covering the same chapter. Still new to all this. For me personally I prefer to watch a whole chapter no matter the length.

Fair enough, sticking to your style would make the best content. Just keep up the content and believe in yourself and it'll all work out man :)

Back