My videos are stale and boring at best.. ;~;

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
My videos have been very boring lately, I don't like any of them but I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what's changed, I look back at some of my older videos and I much prefer them to what I'm doing now, despite the crappy camera quality..
I have basically no video ideas, I want to create some videos that are actually funny but I don't exactly know how to do that.
I'm not at the stage where I can create collabs, but I think that would make for funnier videos (and my brother has already agreed to being in a few videos in the future)

Does anyone have any video ideas or hints and tips to make funnier, more entertaining less straight up BORING videos...? :c

I have definitely made a few videos I didn't like--most are Privated now. The thing is I knew I wouldn't like them when I had the ideas, during recording, and during editing. I just felt I needed to upload something to maintain a schedule. In hindsight, I probably should have just taken a week off. Any time I am excited about a video idea, I always like the video. Go back to your older videos that you like and figure out what made them fun and interesting. Or maybe develop a new, fresher voice!

My videos have been very boring lately, I don't like any of them but I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what's changed, I look back at some of my older videos and I much prefer them to what I'm doing now, despite the crappy camera quality..
I have basically no video ideas, I want to create some videos that are actually funny but I don't exactly know how to do that.
I'm not at the stage where I can create collabs, but I think that would make for funnier videos (and my brother has already agreed to being in a few videos in the future)

Does anyone have any video ideas or hints and tips to make funnier, more entertaining less straight up BORING videos...? :c
I have plenty of ideas that tons of people will watch, but most people won't do them because people would think they are crazy... I might just do some of these ideas one of these days, but I'd rather watch somebody else do them lol... If you are brave, I will give you some original ideas...

I have plenty of ideas that tons of people will watch, but most people won't do them because people would think they are crazy... I might just do some of these ideas one of these days, but I'd rather watch somebody else do them lol... If you are brave, I will give you some original ideas...
I'm not brave, but I am curious! lmao

I have had a similar situation just a bit ago, though I am a gaming channel. It may be different, but what I did is dropped what I was doing that wasnt making me happy, and just moved on to different series.

So, maybe what would help you out is to think of something completely different from what you usually do, that you would enjoy making. Of course that is vague, but maybe, just maybe it will work :D

(heart sign)

It's all about doing what makes you happy. Have you looked into maybe doing some challenges? Those are always a nice twist to put on a channel. :)
Thats a good idea actually.. ! I'd need to get a list somewhere, does that exist?? We shall see..[DOUBLEPOST=1432578078,1432577994][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have had a similar situation just a bit ago, though I am a gaming channel. It may be different, but what I did is dropped what I was doing that wasnt making me happy, and just moved on to different series.

So, maybe what would help you out is to think of something completely different from what you usually do, that you would enjoy making. Of course that is vague, but maybe, just maybe it will work :D

(heart sign)
I don't even know what I'd enjoy more! Thats the tricky part, I really do like making YouTube videos but I'm completely lost in what to make, Generally I make haul videos (not many though) and vlogish video like 'What I hate about___' << Yes, I know that last one is overused, but still!

sendhelp[DOUBLEPOST=1432578291][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have definitely made a few videos I didn't like--most are Privated now. The thing is I knew I wouldn't like them when I had the ideas, during recording, and during editing. I just felt I needed to upload something to maintain a schedule. In hindsight, I probably should have just taken a week off. Any time I am excited about a video idea, I always like the video. Go back to your older videos that you like and figure out what made them fun and interesting. Or maybe develop a new, fresher voice!
Thats true, I sometimes feel that I will loose my (very small) subscriber count if I miss a week, Although looking at my views recently I don't think it would make a difference if I miss a week or something..
I think I just need to watch some more videos, Get some inspiration.. I want to do that voice jammer game but I don't want to do a collab yet because it would be awkward and weird, Plus, nobody cares about collabs generally unless you have a higher sub count or you are both YouTubers..

I think when I get out of college and get a job it will be a lot better and I'll be able to have a bit more funding behind my vidoes, maybe travel to meet more YouTubers and do collabs with other people in england!

Last edited:
I just felt I needed to upload something to maintain a schedule. In hindsight, I probably should have just taken a week off.

^THIS... Do not force yourself to make videos. If you force yourself it will show in the video quality. Your heart needs to be in it. If it isn't right now just take a step back and reflect, watch others do their thing and get inspired!

Back