Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

My advice with standing out on YouTube

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Zach Werre, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Zach Werre
    Cash:
    $19
    I was seeing threads about "making it" on YouTube and I just wanted to share my advice.

One of the things I think helps you gain an audience on YouTube is figuring out what you can do that is different. Look at the other channels in your genre and find out what they are doing and try to figure out what you can do differently. I feel like this is one of the big hurdles with Let's Play channels. There are so many of them that you have to figure out what really makes yours different than everyone else's.

#1 Zach Werre, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $32
    Yes, this is called 'finding your niche' ;) A niche means determining how and why you make your content and who you are making it for. There are tutorials for this in the tutorials board.

Ocean Chan and Brandon like this.
  3. Dave2017
    Get The Picture?
    Cash:
    $28
    Awesome post and I totally agree:):up2:
    I run a channel with animated videos with, should we call it "motivation videos" and in the beginning I was just pretty much like the other channels out there.. No I´m trying a bit different approach and it works really well:up2: Now I do it a bit different than the other channels in my nice and I´m starting to gain a lot of subs:)

4. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $6,881
    Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Good advice, and often overlooked. Sometimes even doing small things that other channels aren't doing can make all the difference.

babyteeth4 likes this.
  5. Zach Werre
    Cash:
    $19
    You're spot on! I'm learning all about this in my marketing class, segmenting the market, different orientations, etc. My apologies for making this thread, I was unaware there were already ones available.

6. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $32
    I've had marketing classes as well, so I'm quite familiar with target groups etc :p And no problem! I'd advise you to either look around the forums a bit or using the search bar if you'd like to discuss a certain topic. A lot has already been said on this forum :)

7. veronica33067
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $16

That's actually a pretty good idea! Thanks for sharing!

8. shahinmp
    Cash:
    $9
    I usually check my competitors tags for their channel and I use them as well for my videos. It has been useful Seo wise.:)

WebSam and veronica33067 like this.
  9. veronica33067
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $16
    :woohoo!:That's actually a great idea! Thank :ugo:

10. Tropical365
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $152
    Sorry if this is an ignorant question... but how can I check competitors tags? Are you referring to general tags mostly for videos in a category or is it also possible to see what tags a specific youtuber is using?

veronica33067 likes this.