Levels

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The further away from a mic you are, the more you introduce room noise into the recording. This is true of all mics save for shotgun mics.
Nopes ... I dont mean that way ... I mean, do you really have to be close to atr 2100 to make it sound good ? Cause snowball does fine even with some distance ...

BattleOfTheVideos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good list but do they have to be like top of the line lol, what is a good microphone with a tight budget

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Good list but do they have to be like top of the line lol, what is a good microphone with a tight budget
What's your budget? I'd say maybe the ATR-2100, and no, they don't have to be top of the line, no one is going to hate on you for using a $30 mic. :) I'[DOUBLEPOST=1394878920,1394820364][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a little update, fixed Shure Pics and thanks to @Michael for adding Spoilers, now you don't have to scroll through all the pictures and text and can just click the spoilers to find info on that mic. :)

Reactions: Michael

Rubayyy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I currently use the Blue Yeti and it hasn't failed me yet. I do have to add that it picks up noise easily.

Reactions: RedFox

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I currently use the Blue Yeti and it hasn't failed me yet. I do have to add that it picks up noise easily.
As with all Condenser mics. :p They're very sensitive to noise, you can turn down your gain to try and see if that helps. :)

Reactions: Rubayyy

Rubayyy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As with all Condenser mics. :p They're very sensitive to noise, you can turn down your gain to try and see if that helps. :)
Yeah I've figured the trick out but I'm also fortunate to live in a quiet area so it doesn't pick up too much xD

Reactions: RedFox

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you don't have the money, you can always use a rockband/ guitar hero mic. Its what I use and it comes out quite good! :)

JTH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use the Blue Snowball on setting 1 and if you have a quiet room this is great I hope this helps make up anyones mind on what to get for a mic.

ThatGirlFeels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see many of you having fancy mics but to be fair as I mix a lot of mics ( I also have a collab channel ) I have to say its not about the mic but about the program you use to edit your audio. My mic has static - I have a headset for 24$ from ebay xD made in china - but as I know how to use Adobe audition it takes me pretty much 2 minutes to make my mic sound the same as the member of my collab group who have the blue yeti,snowball,samson co1u etc. ~ it really is all about the editing at the end of the day ~ and besides if you are poor as me you gotta work it out with whatever you can 8D For me it was learning in general all sorts of editing programs Adobe packs and Sony vegas ~ a little bit of Maya hahaha So yeah if anyone cant pay for those fancy mics take a few hours and search around youtube - there are a lot of helpful videos on how to make your mic not s****y hehe