i am looking to get a lav mic that is cardoid. i had the audio technica atr 2100 but it fel and now its not working. i have the zoom h1 but it picks up way too much background noise so i am looking a cardoid lav mic to plug into the zoom to record my A-roll footage. any ideas??

I just had a quick question. So I just got a Blue Yeti microphone for Christmas this year, and the USB Cable broke on me already, the part that connects completely fell off because the microphone kept moving on me (It wasn't screwed in/tightened properly) Do any of you know what type of USB Cable the Yeti uses? Because I tried USB 2.0 (My Samsung Galaxy S6 Phone Uses USB 2.0) and that didn't fit.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

i've been using a simple rode shotgun mic and it took me a minute to get used to the manual audio adjustments but i absolutely love it! ❤️

Nice list. The Floureon BM800 is one of the most shocking mics that I've ever used for under $30...that is with an interface connected.

i have a blue snowball, and i used it.....probably once, to try and stream DayZ when i was doing that stuff.... i hated it. I am pretty sure it is user error though because i have heard great things about it. My problem is it picks up EVERYTHING in my house. 3 rooms away, keyboard clicks, mouse click, the TV in the bedroom, and my hair growing. I tried to turn the capture way down and still did not help. Any advice would be appreciated.

I use a very cheap Lav mic, the Sony ECMCS3. I got it when I was on a budget and honestly it's just stuck. Even though I can afford higher priced mics, I've never had a problem with it and frankly the quality is fantastic albeit the build quality feels cheap. I have an Audio Technica ATR3350 which feels more solid but the gain on it is dire in comparison (both roughly around the same price). I use it coupled with a Zoom H1 which I had for years and the whole set up seems fine for the moment.

I have a rode nt-USB which is a fantastic unit but super duper sensitive. Going to take some creative solutions to eliminate the background noise

I have a rode nt-USB which is a fantastic unit but super duper sensitive. Going to take some creative solutions to eliminate the background noise
Usually using a noise gate will fix a lot of problems when not speaking and your voice will massively overpower any background noise when talking.

Heyyy just wondering what mic's people use or what are the best ones cos I need to get one but have no idea what to get. Thankssss

Back