Microphone & Recording Software Questions

Caroll

HEY GUYS!

Microphone Question: I wanna do some laid back gaming videos, and I was looking for a cheap mic because I'm on an extreme budget.
I was wondering if the mic that I'm considering would be at least half decent for some silly fun gaming videos. It's a: Insten 3.5mm Studio Professional Mic I know it's not the best but I don't really have a lot of money to spend. Also I'm sure eventually I'll get a much better one like the Blue Snowball or Yeti.

Recording Software Question: Now since I want to do gaming videos I'm gonna need some sort of screen capturer.
Are there any FREE or semi-free computer screen capturer that is actually decent and works pretty well? I know it's like impossible to get anything really good for free but some half decent screen recorder to start out with would be nice.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :smug2:

Yeah OBS is a good program, Blue snowball is a good studio quality mic to start out with.

For screen recording, I have amazing luck with Loilo Game Recorder!
It's free - and hands down my favorite. (And I've tried sooooo many.)

For a mic - the one you listed is very similar to the one I use for voiceovers. Since you're on a budget, it will work fine! Especially since you want to be laid back and silly. :) If you ever want to get serious with equipment, Blue Snowball is a great starter!

Good luck. <3

OBS is good if you're looking for free stuff. Many people use it and after a bit of tinkering (do a OBS settings search on YT) you'll be able to get some great results.

Regarding the mic. I'm rocking the Blue Snowball which is a budget (< $50) mic. It's ok, but picks up a lot of background noise as well. I just recently started to edit my sound (recorded in Audacity, which is also free btw) and I'm getting rid of most of the noise, but it's not ideal. You get what you pay for, which is decent enough for starters ;)

Thanks guys I will definitely check out OBS!
And sadly my budget is only like $30 so I can't get a snowball just yet.
You've helped a lot!

Try the zalman zm-1 mic. It's less than 10 on amazon. I used it for a lot of my videos but have since upgraded to the blue snowball ice. Can't say which is better but both get good reviews.For under 10 you can't beat the zalman.

LOL. Yes it is small, but also super light so if you drop it no big deal. The cord on it is also like 10 ft. Can't think of another decent cheap suggestion up till the blue snowball ice price range.

Back