Mic set-up

I've checked the Noise Suppression when under DVD quality, and it seems that the sound went away. For some reason this doesn't work for CD or Studio quality, only DVD. I also had to put Volume to 100% and boost to 20db. It seems there's no more sound. I'll try and live with that and see if I notice anything that's uncomfortable, although it seems to be a solution for now. Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate you taking out your time to answer me.

On the other note, just checked out your channel - sweet and HOT stuff. Keep up the good work, I'll sub.

Thanks again!

Okay, there's an update, and hopefully someone has a quick solution for this one.

Got my Blue Snowball, the more expensive one with three different modes. After some time, I found that setting number 3 is the best one -- recorded voice is much clearer than on any other setting or any other mic, gives the impression of "being there" when you are listening. So I guess it's the best to stick with this one.

However, I do have a question regarding mic settings on my laptop for Snowball - at it's 100% output, it's still fairly quite. It is comfortable to hear things when you record, but there definitely should be where to go with volume, but there isn't. There's no Mic Boost option as well (while there is when a headset's mic is plugged in).

Any advice on how do I make it sound louder? I mean this is suppose to be a good mic, isn't it? But my cheaper headset can produce 10x louder recording than Snowball does. I hope I'm just missing something, because if not, it doesn't look like it was a good choice.

Thanks guys!

Back