MCNs That Will Offer The Chance To Be A Managed Channel

Like they said, being Managed isn't exactly a desirable designation.
I'm with FS. I'm a top 20 by SocialBlade Ranking

Top 70 by views

If they offer me managed, I will decline. I would not want to be in a position
where my channel is at risk due to the actions of another managed channel.
Keep in mind the affiliate side might have similar repercussions but at higher thresholds.

Keep in mind the affiliate side might have similar repercussions but at higher thresholds.

I hadn't heard anything about affiliates also exposing the networks/fellow channels to risk yet. Thanks for the warning. I'm likely to go solo anyway.

I think that it's really stupid that this is the only thing that fullscreen said:

Fullscreeners!
As you might’ve heard already, YouTube is making some changes to its partnership program. No need for alarm—your relationship with Fullscreen is still exactly the same. As a Fullscreener, you have access to the same great tools, services, technology, and support on our Creator Platform that you always have.

Here’s what YouTube has changed and what you need to know about it:
•Starting in early 2014, YouTube will be do a ‘monetization review’ on some of your videos when you upload them. We expect this check will take YouTube 2 to 48 hours to do. YouTube’s unlikely to review all your videos, but the check is random, so you should get in the habit of scheduling your uploads in advance. Which brings us to our next point...
•Scheduling your video uploads is more important than ever. Scheduling videos in advance is always wise. It gives you time to nail the little details—stuff like annotations, descriptions, and tags—that can make or break your video’s performance. Starting in 2014, scheduling will also give YouTube time to review your content in advance, so you can start earning from the minute your video goes live.
•Scheduling your video uploads is easy! See a quick walkthrough with screenshots.
Again, nothing about your partnership with Fullscreen has changed! As always, we’re here to help answer your questions, connect you with the creator community, build your audience, and grow your earnings. Please don’t hesitate to contact your Fullscreen partner manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks again for being a Fullscreener, and good luck with your videos!
—the Fullscreen team

I think that it's really stupid that this is the only thing that fullscreen said:

Fullscreeners!
As you might’ve heard already, YouTube is making some changes to its partnership program. No need for alarm—your relationship with Fullscreen is still exactly the same. As a Fullscreener, you have access to the same great tools, services, technology, and support on our Creator Platform that you always have.

Here’s what YouTube has changed and what you need to know about it:
•Starting in early 2014, YouTube will be do a ‘monetization review’ on some of your videos when you upload them. We expect this check will take YouTube 2 to 48 hours to do. YouTube’s unlikely to review all your videos, but the check is random, so you should get in the habit of scheduling your uploads in advance. Which brings us to our next point...
•Scheduling your video uploads is more important than ever. Scheduling videos in advance is always wise. It gives you time to nail the little details—stuff like annotations, descriptions, and tags—that can make or break your video’s performance. Starting in 2014, scheduling will also give YouTube time to review your content in advance, so you can start earning from the minute your video goes live.
•Scheduling your video uploads is easy! See a quick walkthrough with screenshots.
Again, nothing about your partnership with Fullscreen has changed! As always, we’re here to help answer your questions, connect you with the creator community, build your audience, and grow your earnings. Please don’t hesitate to contact your Fullscreen partner manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks again for being a Fullscreener, and good luck with your videos!
—the Fullscreen team
Good luck on being released. U might need to fight a bit, keep your sword on you at all times :)

No, anyone who says that is making things up, no MCN contract I've seen has specified anything that would void is because of that change.

I would like to contest this statement. You're totally correct that no contract contains that verbiage, however there are factors outside of a contract that can affect a contract.

It's a sliding scale. If YouTube disabled monetization across the entire site for example, this would be easily considered material in the termination of network contracts. If YouTube increased their percentage by a significant margin, say to 90/10 instead of 55/45, this could be considered material to the contract as it immediately creates exceptional hardship. Or lets say YouTube gets gun shy and bans all video game monetization. It's not strikes, which is how networks declare contracts void, but I guarantee all of the networks would cut loose people on that basis even though the contract doesn't specify it. I choose extreme examples to show primarily that there are many factors that can affect this, whether more or less serious than an affiliate relationship. Networks can try to avoid it all they like, but the direct relationship with YouTube is an essential element of every partnership contract and when that relationship changes it does impact the contract whether the words list it or not.

Additionally, most networks used the idea of instant monetization in their recruiting, despite it not being listed in the contract. This could be used against them should a court case occur on the validity of the contract going forward.

There is certainly potential grounds for a fight as the loss of income can be significant for some channels and the relationship between the channel, YouTube and the network has changed rather dramatically. If YouTube is on the ball with their trust algorythm it will be fine but I have my doubts about that since they couldn't seem to get other features working right.

yeah george the ceo gave me an offer, i'll only take that up if i leave fullscreen
As far as I'm aware, Freedom is a brand-new network that george vanous is running. I have to imagine that George is pushing this managed thing because he's trying to grab up as many partners as he can that are afraid of the new YouTube changes by claiming he's offering managed to everyone that joins.

Zoomin TV is also doing the same thing, trying to capitalize on the fear of people that are going to be switching over to the new YouTube system…

Let's not forget these two networks have bad histories of being terrible for their partners. I don't know much about Zoomin TV, but George Vanous was the creator of TGN, and has a history of employing 14-year-old kids to his network for both partner support and partner recruitment. It also appears as if he's giving everyone that asks a network, do you really want to be in a network that does this kind of business practice?

Zoomin TV has a history of having bad CPM's and terrible partner support, and a quick search will tell you that there are better networks out there.

All in all any network offering a managed status to partner upon entry is a network that is acting desperate; more than that, they're acting on the desperation of others trying to find a solution to a problem that was created by the questionable business practices of YouTube networks in the first place.

People have to remember that this system is new, not the old AdSense system. We really don't know what's going to happen in January, and if the review time is only 24 to 48 hours as an entry time (meaning the time will speed up as you get accepted more), then I don't see a huge problem with the system. I have even heard that if you're in a network as an affiliate and you get many of your videos accepted for monetization, the monetization process will be "near instant."

The whole point of being a managed channel is that you are owned by the MCN. As others have stated, having too many channels as managed can cause quite a few problems for a network. 15 or 20 copyright strikes is not a lot in the grand scheme of things, especially for gaming networks. Invalid or false copyright strikes happen all the time for gaming channels, as well as legitimate ones. Any network that has 500 to 1000 managed network channels is going to end up facing real problems.

Don't let brand-new networks and struggling networks that are simply trying to gobble up as many partners as possible play on your fear of the new YouTube changes coming this year.

It's a sliding scale. If YouTube disabled monetization across the entire site for example, this would be easily considered material in the termination of network contracts. If YouTube increased their percentage by a significant margin, say to 90/10 instead of 55/45, this could be considered material to the contract as it immediately creates exceptional hardship. Or lets say YouTube gets gun shy and bans all video game monetization. It's not strikes, which is how networks declare contracts void, but I guarantee all of the networks would cut loose people on that basis even though the contract doesn't specify it. I choose extreme examples to show primarily that there are many factors that can affect this, whether more or less serious than an affiliate relationship. Networks can try to avoid it all they like, but the direct relationship with YouTube is an essential element of every partnership contract and when that relationship changes it does impact the contract whether the words list it or not.

Additionally, most networks used the idea of instant monetization in their recruiting, despite it not being listed in the contract. This could be used against them should a court case occur on the validity of the contract going forward.

There is certainly potential grounds for a fight as the loss of income can be significant for some channels and the relationship between the channel, YouTube and the network has changed rather dramatically. If YouTube is on the ball with their trust algorythm it will be fine but I have my doubts about that since they couldn't seem to get other features working right.

I know of that, but the change was not large enough in this case to void anything.[DOUBLEPOST=1388677335,1388677234][/DOUBLEPOST]
As far as I'm aware, Freedom is a brand-new network that george vanous is running. I have to imagine that George is pushing this managed thing because he's trying to grab up as many partners as he can that are afraid of the new YouTube changes by claiming he's offering managed to everyone that joins.

Zoomin TV is also doing the same thing, trying to capitalize on the fear of people that are going to be switching over to the new YouTube system…

Let's not forget these two networks have bad histories of being terrible for their partners. I don't know much about Zoomin TV, but George Vanous was the creator of TGN, and has a history of employing 14-year-old kids to his network for both partner support and partner recruitment. It also appears as if he's giving everyone that asks a network, do you really want to be in a network that does this kind of business practice?

Zoomin TV has a history of having bad CPM's and terrible partner support, and a quick search will tell you that there are better networks out there.

All in all any network offering a managed status to partner upon entry is a network that is acting desperate; more than that, they're acting on the desperation of others trying to find a solution to a problem that was created by the questionable business practices of YouTube networks in the first place.

People have to remember that this system is new, not the old AdSense system. We really don't know what's going to happen in January, and if the review time is only 24 to 48 hours as an entry time (meaning the time will speed up as you get accepted more), then I don't see a huge problem with the system. I have even heard that if you're in a network as an affiliate and you get many of your videos accepted for monetization, the monetization process will be "near instant."

The whole point of being a managed channel is that you are owned by the MCN. As others have stated, having too many channels as managed can cause quite a few problems for a network. 15 or 20 copyright strikes is not a lot in the grand scheme of things, especially for gaming networks. Invalid or false copyright strikes happen all the time for gaming channels, as well as legitimate ones. Any network that has 500 to 1000 managed network channels is going to end up facing real problems.

Don't let brand-new networks and struggling networks that are simply trying to gobble up as many partners as possible play on your fear of the new YouTube changes coming this year.

I agree on the whole TGN thing, but ZoominTV is in the top 5 video advertising agencies in Europe, their CPMs are higher than 90% of MCNs.

Back