Machinima or Vultra?

They wern`t losing money on them all , the problem was more that they gave the wrong contracts to the wrong people.

For example The Netherlands are one of the countries with the lowest CPMs, but if a big channel from there went to Machinima , he would have been offered a 2$+ fixed CPM contract on all views, now the average CPM for The Netherlands is under 0.50$ per 1000 monetizable views, so Machinima would be making a substantial lose for every 1000 views.
So the problem was more they didn`t watch who they handed these fixed CPM contracts out to, they just gave them to the bigger channels, like I know the west European countries get terrible CPMs yet Machinima had a few of the, on this scheme, So basically it was down to Machinima not being smart about who they handed these fixed CPM contracts out to :p
As I said, They let a few channels go that they were losing money on, that is standard business.

I`m not saying they don`t but BentPixels has close bonds to the advertisers and less ad spaces to sell, so they can concentrate on selling the higher paying ads.

Fullscreen does sell ads because some partners get really high CPMs but then again like most of Yeouch seems to be on low CPMs.
But CPMs depends on alot more than the network.
So what you're saying is once you get bigger, your CPM's will drop.

As I said, They let a few channels go that they were losing money on, that is standard business.
They let a few go they wern`t aswell, another problem they had was they were losing out on rev-share contracts (not earning much) as the CPMs were low because the ad sales teams were focusing on bigger partners.
Like they made Pewdiepie such a bad contract offer that it was obvious they didn`t want him anymore, because he was using 4M+ of their ad sales each day. Because of this they wern`t selling enough for other partners and therefore depending on YouTube`s (lower paying) advertisements.
Getting rid of some of the partners getting the most views actually in turn meant their revenue of some of the small-medium partners went way up.

So what you're saying is once you get bigger, your CPM's will drop.
No, not at all, I`m saying that Fullscreen has a flaw in that , they have enough staff to sell ads on their partners videos but not seek out the better deals, what they should have done, is like what BigFrame did, as they grew they should have hired an excess of ad sales staff to really boost their ads potential.

But then again Fullscreen is a completely different company to BentPixels , they have shorter lock-ins and higher splits so in return , you may be making close to the same or just a bit lower revenue, if you`re offered a lets say 90% gross split.

Damn i'm happy i'm not in this position having to pick between to networks who want you locked in and you don't know which one to go to.

Machinima can be the biggest but they are not doing so well lately and like mentioned a few times :) Some locked contracts lock yu for like 2 3 4 5 years D: Maybe yu shouldnt keep deciding wich one to choose from these two bcoz there are lots of other networks ^_^

Machinima can be the biggest but they are not doing so well lately and like mentioned a few times :) Some locked contracts lock yu for like 2 3 4 5 years D: Maybe yu shouldnt keep deciding wich one to choose from these two bcoz there are lots of other networks ^_^

*Meow* My cat totally agree's with you and so do i :) I would consider checking out some other networks because you could find a network that has everything you want.

Back