Losing friends over your Youtube?

RodakTV

Soldier/Youtuber
Have you guys ever been put in the situation of having to choose your youtube channel over an unsupportive friend? Let me explain.

Once upon a time, young RodakTV was dating a girl who could not understand why I made youtube videos. She thought it was a waste of time, time that could be spent with her. Long story short, I had an ultimatum, continue making videos for the extremely small audience I had with dreams of becoming a larger youtuber, or continue dating this girl.

Let's just say, I'm still making youtube videos :p

Have any of you ever been put into the situation of making a similar choice? Or even just stop talking to friends who weren't supportive?

Sounds silly as most of us are small youtubers.

Share the story if you have :)

No one needs unsupportive people in their life.

Never happened to me cos I don't got friends but yeah. Not worth keeping people like that.

It's such a weird position to be put in, like I would understand better if I was a large youtuber, but I'm not. I make videos as a hobby lol

It's such a weird position to be put in, like I would understand better if I was a large youtuber, but I'm not. I make videos as a hobby lol
Well I'm no psychologist, but I would take a guess as to it being due to their own inner fears or incompetence. 1) They don't want to see you succeed 2) They don't want you putting your attention anywhere else.
It's a very self centered egotistical way of thinking.

Have you guys ever been put in the situation of having to choose your youtube channel over an unsupportive friend? Let me explain.

Once upon a time, young RodakTV was dating a girl who could not understand why I made youtube videos. She thought it was a waste of time, time that could be spent with her. Long story short, I had an ultimatum, continue making videos for the extremely small audience I had with dreams of becoming a larger youtuber, or continue dating this girl.

Let's just say, I'm still making youtube videos [emoji14]

Have any of you ever been put into the situation of making a similar choice? Or even just stop talking to friends who weren't supportive?

Sounds silly as most of us are small youtubers.

Share the story if you have :)
If the people in my life aren't supportive whether because of YouTube or anything else I pursue they are getting cut off quick lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I cant see why anyone would lose friends because of YouTube?
My friends joked at me for doing it during first couple of years. Certainly didnt receive any encouragement. They dont joke anyore when I tell them how much I earn. They all want in!

I cant see why anyone would lose friends because of YouTube?
My friends joked at me for doing it during first couple of years. Certainly didnt receive any encouragement. They dont joke anyore when I tell them how much I earn. They all want in!

Yea, I really don't understand either. Maybe in my case, maybe staying in on a Friday night every now and then working on youtube videos wasn't good enough for a "teenage relationship".

I'm now 20, and all my friends are way more supportive.

Im so sorry you went through that but I guess it was an eye opener :)
I have "lost" friends because they aren't supportive. They think it's silly and a waste of time and tell me I am not going to get any subscribers or views. They also made fun of the fact that I was on youtube which, I must admit, hurt a lot. TBH i don't see it as "loosing" friends, I think of it as realizing who your true friend are. I am a much happier person with out these people in my life.

No but then again if someone wasn't supportive of me I wouldn't consider them a friend in the first place.

Back