CoreyT

I made episode reviews of the anime "Attack on Titan" while it did have some of the clips of the show within the videos, I always talked over them, gave analysis, sort of like if esp. or a news network would cover it. Long story short, my channel got two copyright strikes from this. I deleted the content, i knew I had used the content although I felt it was under fair use and would be fine. My goal is not to be able to re upload or continue uploading the same videos, but I wish to find the correct contact info to ask for a retraction, anyway I can contact the company.

the strike was delivered by "放送コンテンツ適正流通推進連絡会" I googled them and was able to find a site but not the correct contact info to request a removal. Only thing I could find after google translate was a form to submit content that was violating copyright, kind of to tip off the system of a possible misuse.

I'm in the U.S, I've seen AoT have different claim names in different countries. So if anyone can lead to the right place or knows the correct contact info it would be greatly appreciated

edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, when I click on the submit counter notification it just links me to my video manager

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 2.27.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 2.27.42 PM.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
When you click submit counter notification, it should give you an overview of the alleged work infringed and also the email address of whoever claimed it.

When you click submit counter notification, it should give you an overview of the alleged work infringed and also the email address of whoever claimed it.

Yeah it should but it just sends me to video manager[DOUBLEPOST=1453677350,1453677311][/DOUBLEPOST]
email copyright@youtube.com and provide as much information as possible

Alright thank you. This is where I would request to have the strikes removed along with providing all the info?

Alright thank you. This is where I would request to have the strikes removed along with providing all the info?

That's where you send stuff along for copyright if you don't have access to the automated forms that they set up. The only other course of action would be to contact your youtube partner manager if you've been assigned one.

It's probably sending you to the video manager because you deleted the video. If it doesn't exist, you can't go to the copyright page for it. Should've just left it up. If you're getting the strike removed, the video will become available too. If it is fair use like you say (which it sounds like it is), then you could've kept the video up.

To the OP: If these were full strikes and you deleted the videos, you made a huge mistake. First you took away any chance of a successful counter-notification. Secondly as they were full strikes, deleting the content doesn't restore your account to Good Standing with YouTube.

Had you successfully countered, your good standing status would have been restored. Now you must wait out the entire six month cooling off period and hope you don't have anything on your channel which will generate a third strike. If you do and you get one, your channel will be terminated.

Had you successfully countered, your good standing status would have been restored. Now you must wait out the entire six month cooling off period and hope you don't have anything on your channel which will generate a third strike. If you do and you get one, your channel will be terminated.
Don't multiple strikes start their 6-month clock after the previous strikes expire?

Were they STRIKES of Copyright CLAIMS? For example, I get CLAIMS on my Life is Strange let's play series due to some vocal songs that are naturally a part of the game. I can leave the video up but the music company gets my ad revenue. It doesn't hurt me at all, so I don't mind. Don't you have to challenge a claim to get a strike?

Back