Longest Render Time for a video?

I don't think I've waited longer than 2 or 3 hours for a video render before, and that was on my old dual core computer. Now that I'm on 6 cores and 8 GB of RAM I rarely wait longer than twice the length of my video for a render, and most renders are about a 1:1 ratio.

For a typical 20 min video it would probably take my system about 30-45 mins.
Thats for a full 1080p HD video.

I use a MacBook Pro with a 2.9GHz Dual Core i7 CPU and 16GB of RAM.

Upload time depends on the time of day - but I sometimes upload from work instead where I can upload a 2.5GB file in around 8 mins - would take hours at home!!
Hence I try to upload from work and mark the video as private, while then annotating, adding the title, description, and tags etc from home before making it public.

I'm thinking of producing my project on my MacBook, but then moving it to my MacMini Server to render and upload.
The server stays on 24/7 so I could leave it to render and upload overnight (I don't like leaving my laptop on overnight! lol).
The Mac Mini server has a 2.6GHz Quad Core i7 CPU, hence it may be faster - I just dont know whether Final Cut Pro would use all 4 cores efficiently, as if the software is designed to only use 2 cores, then moving it to the server to render would actually take longer then the Dual Core MacBook!

A quick update RE the above!
I rendered a couple of videos on my Mac Mini Server, as mentioned above - 1.5GB video (10 mins long) rendered in around 14 minutes!!!
Sweet!!

2 hours for a 15 minute Minecraft 720p video.
That was on my old laptop.

If I render now a 15 minute Kerbal Space Program video in 720p it takes about 20 minutes.

Back