LIghts for video lighting?

Adam

Hey guys I'm looking to go a step up and buy some lights for shooting video.
What should I get that isn't t0o expensive?

Right now I use a combination of lamps with the shade taken off and one of those clamping shop lights. lol don't have much of a budget over here.

I'm wanting to step up my lighting too though. I've been thinking of buying a couple more shop lights... they get crazy hot though and I usually record in a rather small space. Maybe one of those multi-light tall lamps with the flexible light stems. Seen a few people use those.

I've also thought about building my own soft light boxes for my green screen (sheet hanging on wall) get-up... I don't want to set fire to the house though.

I'm open to lighting suggestions too... obviously. haha

I use the double one. It only cost $30 and is really good.

Attachments

• 110v-yellow-single-twin-work-light-on-telescopic-tripod-500w-2299-p.jpg
    110v-yellow-single-twin-work-light-on-telescopic-tripod-500w-2299-p.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 6
I've found that shop lights work best for us so far and fairly inexpensive. When doing green screen work (which has been limited thus far) we typically use a white bed sheet a few inches in front of the light. That way the whole sheet illuminates and gives a pretty balanced lighting. Definitely not a pro style, but it does this trick on our $100/year budget:p

And you can change the color of the light by hanging a different color sheet. Grab a couple of the double tripod mounted ones and a pair of the floor singles with a handle. Cheap.

I have soft boxes and overhead lights but it makes me look yellow! So I use a normal desk-light - a sport light one with a small head and put it on me so rest of the room around me is dark. Im using a canon EOS T1I. Sometimes when Im lazy I use the iMac webcam to make a video. Im not allowed to place videos yet on this site.

Back