TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have actually earned more these past months, but that´s because my views and subs has increased as well!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I noticed my January earnings majorly decreased, I compared it to november's month (since CPM was probably higher in December.). I had the same amount of views in Nov and Jan yet the earnings is way different.

Anyone notice that as well, or could there have been a higher CPM in nov also?
my earnings to view ratio is about the same as always...

TimothyParker

Reaction score
In the last three days my RPM increased from $0.30 to $0.40, $0.55 and yesterday $0.65. When I thought that things were going back to normal I get a $0.30 RPM for today. I think it was just the Valentine's day hype. I really think they changed something that affected some of the channels, because I see other people saying they get normal earnings for their views. This also affects Networks, not only AdSense; I have two channels with two different networks and one got a $0.25 RPM for January and another $0.35.

I've seen people saying they started displaying fewer ads on smaller channels. If that is the case a lot of us will be affected.

If you have a small channel < 1000 subs. and the same view to RPM ratio like last year please feel free to share your thoughts.

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you stop upload until it recovers, you lose even more. As said, continue to upload regularly
interesting during the month of january I didnt upload (not on purpose) and earnings went down. I guess I need to stick to my regular postings![DOUBLEPOST=1455727047,1455726902][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't compare a peak to a valley. Compare January to October instead.
Still the same outcome, january is the biggest decrease from all other months.[DOUBLEPOST=1455727105][/DOUBLEPOST]
This topic comes up every year like clockwork.

Earnings will be down for a while.

But it's a cyclic thing, so why worry?

Just keep on keeping on.
So when can we expect for the numbers to go back to normal?[DOUBLEPOST=1455727261][/DOUBLEPOST]
CPM did flop in January for me as well, although not as drastically as I expected. But YouTube Red has been really really great so far. It brought in 25.7% of total revenue for January, up from 14.3% in December and it shows no signs of decrease! So at the end of the day, CPM dropping or not doesn't matter anymore to channels with longer videos. RIP animators and other creators of short, but quality content though. :/
Wow that's a huge percentage coming from youtube red, I think mine is 2% if I calculated it correctly/.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My YT Red is also about 2% and has been since inception.

I find the high percentages quoted difficult to believe.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My earnings dropped too after S.Valentine, till that day I saw a steady recovery after January massacre

truemoney18

Reaction score
Hello!

My earnings in January and February 2016 from YouTube on AdSense are very low. The RPM/CPM for January was extremely low ($0.30), with 40%-45% lower then January 2015. The RPM in December 2015 was $0.90. The problem is that now, in February, I don't see any improvements, even worse the RPM has dropped to an average of $0.25. I'm with YouTube for 3 years and I have never seen this drop and for so long.
I don't know if they change something in the way that ads are displayed but something is just not right. And the "advertisers don't invest that much in the firsts months" explanation doesn't seem cover this huge drop.

I'm trying to see if there is a correlation between region, embedded views, and RPM. Here is my data (roughly):
1. January RPM = $0.30;
2. Embedded Views = 70%;
3. Region/Country= 30% English Views (USA, Canada, UK...), 20% Europe, 30% South America, 20% Rest of the World.
The data posted above has always been this way (2013...2015).

I'm posting this like a last hope in understanding what is happening with the RPM. And if you'll like to share your data or thoughts on this matter it will really help. Also if you have this problem please post your thoughts.

Thanks![/QUOTE
Sad to hear that bro they are displaying less adds in the low paying months back in 2015 january it was better there are just to many people joining monetizing there content monetizing copyright content .I.an afraid to say 2017 might only be worst hang in there keep uploading content grow your channel dont let it stop.you
[DOUBLEPOST=1456063616,1456063559][/DOUBLEPOST]Sad to hear that bro they are displaying less adds in the low paying months back in 2015 january it was better there are just to many people joining monetizing there content monetizing copyright content .I.Sad to hear that bro they are displaying less adds in the low paying months back in 2015 january it was better there are just to many people joining monetizing there content monetizing copyright content .I.am afraid to say 2017 might only be worst hang in there keep uploading content grow your channel dont let it stop.youaSad to hear that bro they are displaying less adds in the low paying months back in 2015 january it was better there are just to many people joining monetizing there content monetizing copyright content .I.am afraid to say 2017 might only be worst hang in there keep uploading content grow your channel dont let it stop.you i am afraid to say 2017 might only be worst hang in there keep uploading content grow your channel dont let it stop.you

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No recovery here in February. I strongly suspect it is an Asia Pacific (Japan) related thing. It would be interesting to here from another Asian channel!?

NannerAirCraft

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
My CPM has actually increased from December when it was a little under $10 and in January a little over $11. Now my average for February is lower than Decembers.