IS YOUTUBE BROKEN?

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Hello All,

I don't know if you have noticed or if it's just me but my views are all over the place at the moment. Sometimes when I click a vid it says I have 11 views.... I'm a little sad about this. I then go to my creative studio (Video Manager) and it says I have 30 views on that video?

Is YouTube having issues with view counts again? Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. When I go on the main page it says one thing on some of my videos and then if I go into creator studio or just click on where the videos are some of them go up a few. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Yes. When I go on the main page it says one thing on some of my videos and then if I go into creator studio or just click on where the videos are some of them go up a few. I'm not sure what's going on there.

I'm glad its not just me :) guess it's a bigger isssue YouTube are having... shocker

I mean I'm not hurting that much because I haven't been active for a year and it's probably going to be a few months until I'm about to come back, but it was nice that I got new views and would rather them stay there. but I can kind of take it or leave it. but YOU on the other hand that must suck 11-30 that's a jump.

I have been adressing this issue since a month and nobody gave a **** about it. Glad to not be the only one, let's see if a solution comes along... Plus, not even mentioning the view counter has gone crazy... I had between 15 views an hour and I got down to only 1 an hour :|

Last edited:
When you view the videos on your channel, those are confirmed views. When you view your videos in your video manager, it's confirmed views + more recent estimated unconfirmed views. The estimates should also show in your real-time analytics section. Once a couple days pass and the youtube engine verifies or disqualifies your views, your channel page will reflect the new Total.

tl;dr - channel page is usually 1-2 days behind video manager.

I've had a channel for a while but only became active a couple of months ago. I've read many answers about views that say give it a couple of days and things will be ok. This is not my experience. For example, I published one video that went to 11k views in a day. Over a week or so it slowly wound back to 1k. How can something be so incorrect? And I can't raise this with anyone at YouTube! Is yt analytics/view count broken or should the question be does it ever work?

iv noticed it as well but might normally straightens itself out after a couple days. and the views from my channel page are almost always at least a couple days behind.

Do your counts get wound back to 10%? I've got another video that has been on about 1k for a month then jumped to 6k over night and stayed there. Do you get anything like this?

Back