IS YOUTUBE BROKEN?

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hello All,

I don't know if you have noticed or if it's just me but my views are all over the place at the moment. Sometimes when I click a vid it says I have 11 views.... I'm a little sad about this. I then go to my creative studio (Video Manager) and it says I have 30 views on that video?

Is YouTube having issues with view counts again? Is anyone else having this problem?

Reactions: CristyTango

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Yes. When I go on the main page it says one thing on some of my videos and then if I go into creator studio or just click on where the videos are some of them go up a few. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Reactions: George Hudson

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes. When I go on the main page it says one thing on some of my videos and then if I go into creator studio or just click on where the videos are some of them go up a few. I'm not sure what's going on there.
I'm glad its not just me :) guess it's a bigger isssue YouTube are having... shocker

Reactions: CristyTango

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I mean I'm not hurting that much because I haven't been active for a year and it's probably going to be a few months until I'm about to come back, but it was nice that I got new views and would rather them stay there. but I can kind of take it or leave it. but YOU on the other hand that must suck 11-30 that's a jump.

Veecharlie

Reaction score
I have been adressing this issue since a month and nobody gave a **** about it. Glad to not be the only one, let's see if a solution comes along... Plus, not even mentioning the view counter has gone crazy... I had between 15 views an hour and I got down to only 1 an hour :|

Last edited:

Illuminated Nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
When you view the videos on your channel, those are confirmed views. When you view your videos in your video manager, it's confirmed views + more recent estimated unconfirmed views. The estimates should also show in your real-time analytics section. Once a couple days pass and the youtube engine verifies or disqualifies your views, your channel page will reflect the new Total.

tl;dr - channel page is usually 1-2 days behind video manager.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

ColinEast

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've had a channel for a while but only became active a couple of months ago. I've read many answers about views that say give it a couple of days and things will be ok. This is not my experience. For example, I published one video that went to 11k views in a day. Over a week or so it slowly wound back to 1k. How can something be so incorrect? And I can't raise this with anyone at YouTube! Is yt analytics/view count broken or should the question be does it ever work?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
iv noticed it as well but might normally straightens itself out after a couple days. and the views from my channel page are almost always at least a couple days behind.

ColinEast

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Do your counts get wound back to 10%? I've got another video that has been on about 1k for a month then jumped to 6k over night and stayed there. Do you get anything like this?