Is there a particular time you upload!?

ShawnMcCallum

I've Got It
I'm always wondering when is the best time to upload my video and share it with my social feeds? Do any of you have a rigid schedule? I get such a good feeling when a video is done and I hit upload, I never stick to a schedule. As soon as its exporting its I click the upload button? Anyone do the same?

So for me when I start a new series I typically will upload the first episode when it is done rendering and has all the proper resolutions on YouTube. I noticed that sometimes takes a day or two. I actually upload on a schedule. Right now every other day at 4 pm EST. That is soon going to be turning into daily at 4pm EST. I like the scheduled feature because if I am going out on a trip for work or vacation, I can build up a back log so to speak of episodes and make sure I still get a video out each day.

[QUOTE="TimberwolfMKIII, like the scheduled feature because if I am going out on a trip for work or vacation, I can build up a back log so to speak of episodes and make sure I still get a video out each day.[/QUOTE]

That I get completely. If I was uploading daily I would have a schedule, it's gives an audience a chance to tune it. I however make videos only when I can fit them in. I work 12 hour shifts, days and nights so i finish videos at odd times.

I upload soon as a video has fully rendered. I did try on my old channels to upload the same day every week, but I couldn't get into the routine, or panicked when I didn't have a video ready. This way I'm enjoying the filming little more.

I upload soon as a video has fully rendered. I did try on my old channels to upload the same day every week, but I couldn't get into the routine, or panicked when I didn't have a video ready. This way I'm enjoying the filming little more.
It also feels so cathartic hitting that upload button right. Just all the energy and hard work mounting up. Gotta get it out!

Tubebuddy has a function that suggests upload days/times based on past user interactions with your videos. I don't remember if you can actually schedule uploads through it, but scheduling is built into yt easily enough anyway.

^--------- this

Back