Is there a particular time you upload!?

ToyBrats

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We're such a new channel that we haven't figured it out yet. The goal is to have a regular time but if scheduling 8:00 am seems to be our target as a kids channel. That being said we've done 6:30am, 6:00am, 10:30am. Nothing really clear yet which is better as we are changing too many variables at once to tell.

Reactions: ShawnMcCallum

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I upload twice a week on a Monday and Friday 5pm GMT. Seems to work fine. I'm growing so I'll stick to it lol

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depending on the age of your audience, it's a good idea to have a fixed day of the week and time when you upload so that people can expect when your next upload is. I follow some people on youtube and I know exaxctly how late their video is uploaded and get onto youtube to watch it.
Also, when you have a following, you'll see that there are peaks in traffic, usually at the same time every day. When you launch your video, you should aim for a time when most of your subscribers are on YT. The first 24 hours of the video is critical for the algorithm to decide how much they will promote it. View velocity is also very important for this. So if you upload 2 hours before the peak, you will have a lot of volume to your new video and you have the velocity as well.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive been playing around and I currently upload between 5-6PM UK time.
Personally I dont think it makes any difference.

DudeitsNeely

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have found uploading first thing in the morning around 9:00 a.m est. Helps dramatically in my videos. Sometimes I cant upload till later because of editing and it really shows a difference. As well as where I promote my videos in the morning is better. Like Reddit is most popular at 9 in the morning as apposed to later in the day.

Reactions: ShawnMcCallum

ShawnMcCallum

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depending on the age of your audience, it's a good idea to have a fixed day of the week and time when you upload so that people can expect when your next upload is. I follow some people on youtube and I know exaxctly how late their video is uploaded and get onto youtube to watch it.
Also, when you have a following, you'll see that there are peaks in traffic, usually at the same time every day. When you launch your video, you should aim for a time when most of your subscribers are on YT. The first 24 hours of the video is critical for the algorithm to decide how much they will promote it. View velocity is also very important for this. So if you upload 2 hours before the peak, you will have a lot of volume to your new video and you have the velocity as well.
Cool Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try this next time. I usually upload later due to editing and definitely don't have the greatest 24hr response...[DOUBLEPOST=1493061330,1493061290][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have found uploading first thing in the morning around 9:00 a.m est. Helps dramatically in my videos. Sometimes I cant upload till later because of editing and it really shows a difference. As well as where I promote my videos in the morning is better. Like Reddit is most popular at 9 in the morning as apposed to later in the day.
Do you have any luck promoting on reddit? I haven't had any traffic come from a video I've posted on that site.

DudeitsNeely

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you have any luck promoting on reddit? I haven't had any traffic come from a video I've posted on that site.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes, I dont really see alot of action on the upvote on Reddit but the views that come in through Reddit helps alot sometimes

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cool Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try this next time. I usually upload later due to editing and definitely don't have the greatest 24hr response...[DOUBLEPOST=1493061330,1493061290][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you have any luck promoting on reddit? I haven't had any traffic come from a video I've posted on that site.
I think it's niche-dependent. Reddit is one of my largest traffic sources, but im also in a very specific niche with loyal followers. So far, no haters and lots of Reddit love and upvotes. Other niches may not be so generous.