is posting my vids in the middle of the night hurting me?

My youtube channel is 3 months old, I have 55 subs and I have been getting around 20 views per vid the last little while and cant break 100. When is the best time to post and if someone can help me strategize to make my channel better. I almost bought subs and views from a company thinking if people see more subs and views I can do better, but I havent yet, should I?

Where it’s the middle of the night for you, it’s the middle of the day for someone else! Look at where the majority of your viewership is coming from and base it around that. Also, DON’T BUY SUBS OR VIEWS. You’ll get a strike for going against YouTube’s ToS and it won’t feel like a victory on your part because you cheated. It’s tough but do the right thing.

I almost bought subs and views from a company thinking if people see more subs and views I can do better, but I havent yet, should I?
NO!
For me the best time is around 4-5pm GMT so I schedule for release then. Look at your stats. Is there a daily rollercoaster pattern? Publish at the top when most people are viewing.

NO!
For me the best time is around 4-5pm GMT so I schedule for release then. Look at your stats. Is there a daily rollercoaster pattern? Publish at the top when most people are viewing.

Yeah it weird, I get most of my views around 11pm EST, between 2-6 is my worst time. I dont think I have enough views though to make a definitive response on what time works best. I think I need way more views then I got.[DOUBLEPOST=1510170696,1510170501][/DOUBLEPOST]
NO!

oh and no I am not going to buy subs or views. I know you can get banned off youtube for that. Thats why I almost but didnt buy them. its cheating to and not a real reflection of how the channel is doing.

I am new to building up a Youtube channel but I don't see why time of day matters at all. Youtube is global platform and most people like myself don't watch the video as soon as it pops anyway. I only do that on 1 channel that i love and the rest i just watch whenever i get the chance.
A lot of times Youtube do not recommend you video in country where you living. Most views on my channel coming form India and Brazil (I live in US). It is important to check geography of your viewers in analytics and it will help to choose correct publishing time.

The main reason that it's best to post when you get the most views is because, supposedly, YouTube rates your video based on how many views it gets from your subscribers in the first hour it was published. Higher rating means it is pushed out to people via higher search result ratings and showing up on related videos more.

Last edited:
Don't buy subs & views, as I've heard Youtube can disable you're account if they find out somehow (dont know how but its happened to a few people i've come across).
If you're aiming a particular country, research the time differences between you & them. Possibly also depends on your content, for example if someone was making childrens video's then they would aim to upload in the morning before they would go to school or in the afternoon when they come home.

The main reason that it's best to post when you get the most views is because, supposedly, YouTube rates your video based on how many views it gets from your subscribers in the first hour is was published. Higher rating means it is pushed out to people via higher search result ratings and showing up on related videos more.
Interesting. I did not know about 1 hour window for better AL rating

Back