is posting my vids in the middle of the night hurting me?

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My youtube channel is 3 months old, I have 55 subs and I have been getting around 20 views per vid the last little while and cant break 100. When is the best time to post and if someone can help me strategize to make my channel better. I almost bought subs and views from a company thinking if people see more subs and views I can do better, but I havent yet, should I?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My youtube channel is 3 months old, I have 55 subs and I have been getting around 20 views per vid the last little while and cant break 100. When is the best time to post and if someone can help me strategize to make my channel better. I almost bought subs and views from a company thinking if people see more subs and views I can do better, but I havent yet, should I?
I think this thread shall be merged to your other thread where I answered most of your questions. Regarding your question about the best time to post, it depends of where is your main viewership. If your main viewership is from Europe, the best is to post in the late afternoon of CET. If it is in North and South America, best time is to post at EST+6, but this really also depends if people watch you from work, school, home, before bed or early in the morning. With that being said, I don't think you can figure this out yet with the little statistics that you have (proper statistics rely on big amount of data where the Law of large numbers can be applied).

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think this thread shall be merged to your other thread where I answered most of your questions. Regarding your question about the best time to post, it depends of where is your main viewership. If your main viewership is from Europe, the best is to post in the late afternoon of CET. If it is in North and South America, best time is to post at EST+6, but this really also depends if people watch you from work, school, home, before bed or early in the morning. With that being said, I don't think you can figure this out yet with the little statistics that you have (proper statistics rely on big amount of data where the Law of large numbers can be applied).
yeha I was told about analytics, but my viewership is family orientated. Ive heard between 3-5pm EST is the best time, but I found it to be the worst time for me, seems if I post at 2-3am I get more views so I dont know. I have that Videolytics but it shows me very little. just seeing 20 views a vid which half are my family I just wondered what I can do to improve it even to 50 views.[DOUBLEPOST=1509698392,1509698298][/DOUBLEPOST]yeah also I wasnt sure where I was supose to post, so I posted in 2 places, im sure the one in the wrong place will be deleted[DOUBLEPOST=1509699102][/DOUBLEPOST]which analytics do you use? the youtube one doesnt break it down into hours, just days

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As far as I'm aware, the time you upload a video isn't going to affect you getting new viewers. It's about making it more convenient for your current viewers to find your video. If I'm subscribed with notifications on, and you upload a video while I'm sleeping, that notification is gonna be buried in my phone. Texts, emails, other subscriptions, etc. will overpower it. Or if I get the notification right before I'm about to go to sleep, I'll swipe it away cause I'm too tired, wake up, and completely forget about the video. That's a subscriber who could have been watching if they were notified earlier. With 55 subscribers, though, you're fine. Your schedule's not gonna matter until you grow that out. And when that is grown out, you can figure out a schedule from there, because you'll have the analytics to come up with the best time to.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
which analytics do you use? the youtube one doesnt break it down into hours, just days
I use YouTube's analytics and I don't rely on third party YouTube suppliers. I see many people use third party service providers to "help"' them with the titles, tags etc, but all they rely on YouTube analytics and public data anyway and I am not very fond of giving any third party access to my analytics (they can do data mining and eventually use the data in their favour), call me paranoid if you wish.
YouTube breaks it down into hours for the last 48 hours - it's called real time reporting in the analytics, but as I told you you have too few views to get any meaningful results out of them.

Ian Katz

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use YouTube's analytics and I don't rely on third party YouTube suppliers. I see many people use third party service providers to "help"' them with the titles, tags etc, but all they rely on YouTube analytics and public data anyway and I am not very fond of giving any third party access to my analytics (they can do data mining and eventually use the data in their favour), call me paranoid if you wish.
YouTube breaks it down into hours for the last 48 hours - it's called real time reporting in the analytics, but as I told you you have too few views to get any meaningful results out of them.
I have been tempted to get tubebuddy but havent. I am also paranoid about 3rd party apps. what I am looking for too is how my videos are, how can I improve them, what problems there are so I can avoid doing the samething in every vid. Are the vids ok the way they are and just wait and see. Maybe im asking to much, but I dont know any better. Everytime I google anything about youtube they start saying to use this 3rd party app and that 3rd party app. I guess with 20 views there cant be any analytics eh lol[DOUBLEPOST=1509700285,1509700156][/DOUBLEPOST]strange thing I uploaded 10 vids around 1-2am and got 100 views or close to it, I post at 2-3pm EST I get 20-40 views. Weird

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
yeah also I wasnt sure where I was supose to post, so I posted in 2 places, im sure the one in the wrong place will be deleted

this time, it was deleted. Next time, it will be an official warning for spamming the forum because this is about the 5 th time you've done this since joining.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
have a look at where your viewers are, like what country.

Set your upload time to 6pm for the country/timezone, which has the most views.

You probably will get most viewers from your own country though

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have been tempted to get tubebuddy but havent. I am also paranoid about 3rd party apps. what I am looking for too is how my videos are, how can I improve them, what problems there are so I can avoid doing the samething in every vid. Are the vids ok the way they are and just wait and see. Maybe im asking to much, but I dont know any better. Everytime I google anything about youtube they start saying to use this 3rd party app and that 3rd party app. I guess with 20 views there cant be any analytics eh lol[DOUBLEPOST=1509700285,1509700156][/DOUBLEPOST]strange thing I uploaded 10 vids around 1-2am and got 100 views or close to it, I post at 2-3pm EST I get 20-40 views. Weird
Night uploads works for me the best too.

Juke Joint Gaming

Reaction score
I am new to building up a Youtube channel but I don't see why time of day matters at all. Youtube is global platform and most people like myself don't watch the video as soon as it pops anyway. I only do that on 1 channel that i love and the rest i just watch whenever i get the chance.