Is PhotoShop neccessary?

I use Photoshop and do find it extremely useful. I can just create a PSD template and replace the bottom layer with the screenshot specific to the video and then just adjust the rest of the layers as needed. Fast and easy to get consistent looking thumbnails.

That said, if I also wasn't into photography and if I didn't have the full Adobe suite with student price, I'm not sure if I'd be willing to put out the money.

I use Photoshop and do find it extremely useful. I can just create a PSD template and replace the bottom layer with the screenshot specific to the video and then just adjust the rest of the layers as needed. Fast and easy to get consistent looking thumbnails.

That said, if I also wasn't into photography and if I didn't have the full Adobe suite with student price, I'm not sure if I'd be willing to put out the money.

How much are you paying for the student price?

How much are you paying for the student price?
It's about EUR 20 a month, but it can't be cancelled until 12 months have passed. That includes the full suite, not just the photography ones (which I think has similar price) giving me also access to Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Audition and After Effects, which are useful for videos.

It's about EUR 20 a month, but it can't be cancelled until 12 months have passed. That includes the full suite, not just the photography ones (which I think has similar price) giving me also access to Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Audition and After Effects, which are useful for videos.

Wow they all sounds new and hard to me. I am a newbie at this haha but it looks like it's worth the money.

My computer doesn't even run Photoshop so I use Realworld Paint, and that's served me well since the year I first got this computer of mine.

Paint.Net is what I tend to use quite frequently because it's nice and simple and can do most of what you need it for.

And if you have and PSD files (templates etc) you can use the PSD plugin to load them in. Just Google Paint.net PSD and it should be the top one (codeplex).

For my thumbnail like a lot of other folks on the previous page I use GIMP. I am getting more and more used to it as time goes on. Right now I have been creating templates for my Let's Plays series and able to generate thumbs pretty quickly using it.

Back