Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Is PhotoShop neccessary?

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by winson yuen, Apr 16, 2017.

1. winson yuen
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $111
    Do you use PS? If so, do you find it necessary and worth 20/month? Is there an alternative?

2. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $3,630
    I think it depends on the type of content you make, but as far as thumbnails go, there are plenty of free programs out there. I like to use PicMonkey.com. ^_^ It's free and easy. It has its limits, and it's not as flashy as Photoshop, but all I need it for is for just a few thumbnails. It works well for that! :)

(Picmonkey has a paid version, but there are plenty of free things to use, too. ^^)

3. XXLRay
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $318
    I use Gimp and I am pretty happy with it. It's free and it's good.

AllVisuals4U likes this.
  4. Scootakip [Lana]
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $44
    Photoshop isn't necessary, and there are alternatives
    I'd suggest Paint.Net. It's free, but has a lot less features (although still very good, plus you can get plugins to add more features)
    Pirating Photoshop is also possible, if you're okay with that.

5. AllVisuals4U
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $52
    I agree. Think it's a great alternative for PS.

6. Teknickel 10
    Cash:
    $20
    We were just talking about this in a thumbnail post this week. I personally say learn the "ropes" with GIMP and then switch to PS once you feel comfortable. No reason to pay if you are just stumbling around.

Also if you are thinking about using Premiere editing software as well or even after effects, I think the entire Adobe suite can be had for $550 a year or something like that. Break it into $50 monthlys if needed. That's gets you all the Adobe products to play around with.

Good luck.

7. Lunar Pooch
    Cash:
    $6
    I use to use gimp and it works Just fin It can be kinda annoying at time But its free soft were and Photo shop can also be annoying at times as well so yeah i would suggest gimp For sure

8. MuttonRoller
    Cash:
    $15
    I definitely find Photoshop useful. I use it heavily on all my videos and it was definitely worth the cost. It's tough to justify it if you don't use it often, but there are suitable online versions as well!

9. Lunar Pooch
    Cash:
    $6
    Yeah i Use Photo shop all the time you dont need it but its very helpful for sure

10. winson yuen
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $111
    Thank you all for your feedback! I will think about it since it's kind of hard and annoying to learn lol however it does produce some unique enhancement to a photo