Is it worth having a website for your youtube channel in 2018?

Unfortunately I can't argue this point.
I don't have a webpage, I've thought about but I'm just not sure how to drive people to it.
My thought was
Once I get a large enough fan base I can make a webpage and it will take off from there.
But not having any experience in this area, I have to admit
I REALLY DON'T KNOW

Well; I would imagine its a bit of a cyclical thing really; if you make a webpage and host your videos on it they'll rank more times (Or be more likely to rank) in google searches on the content your covering. driving more traffic to your youtube channel and in turn more subscribers, those subs will then no doubt drive your channel up and in turn make the search results for your embedded videos more likely to rank (Or more likely to rank higher in search) meaning more traffic...and so on and so on...if you have something on your site that works to bring keep people there (Like blog posts or a forum) then thats just a plus really :)[DOUBLEPOST=1523293320,1523293166][/DOUBLEPOST]
coming from blogger.com I was really afraid of wordpress.
The first impression was rather scary with all those panels and options, so
It took me some time to adjust, but I think that yes it is fully customizable.
It has a really great support forum, I have posted two times questions and I got solution.
After all, starting easy is the requested, just to have a base. in time you can upgrade as much as you need.
:)

I used to use blogger years and years ago but its the old homer simpson addage "Everytime I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" xD So I may be very very rusty with it...that being said I self taught myself to use Google adwords and that thing was terrifying when I first got into it xD So to clarify; Im not going to sign up and immediately be bombarded with reams and reams of code where if I delete even 1 character accidentally the whole thing irreparably broke then? xD[DOUBLEPOST=1523293492][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I think it would be good to run a blog with all of your content and text based reviews with your video on YouTube, I run a record label so a website is pretty much needed... not only to look professional but to also send in demos. I use my small YouTube revenue each month to cover the website but it could also be another source of income

See thats another thing I was debating whether to go for the paid (£36 a year) premium domain or whether to start off with the .wordpress.com extension...with the former it looks professional and its a relatively low price if I stick to it...but that IF's the big hanging thing here xD[DOUBLEPOST=1523293604][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've got a site myself that I was planning to write articles on, but it's way down in the priority list and at this point I'm mainly just using the site to make redirect links to products and to my social media accounts.

That would be more or less what I would be doing only I was thinking of using it occasionally for the odd "Website exclusive" blog post which would maybe feature posts a bit more off topic than on my youtube page (Politics, opinion pieces, rants, general talk that kind of thing) I'd also like to keep the idea of a forum open (I dont know if thats possible either) just because I like the idea of running a bad movie board xD

So to clarify; Im not going to sign up and immediately be bombarded with reams and reams of code where if I delete even 1 character accidentally the whole thing irreparably broke then? xD

XD XD XD

Just try with the free version and decide for yourself.
As you already know from blogger.com you have all the basic knowledge required.
I believe that you will find it very interesting with all options available even on free version.
the only thing is that it needs time to dig info and search menus and help forum.

EDIT: I just saw "Website exclusive"
well, there is a patreon plugin for wordpress that unlock posts for patrons.

It depends really. Since you make a movie review channel it might be a good idea to have a blog that does that as well to gain traction from multiple places. Some people would rather read a review than watch a video or the other way around. Sometimes making a website isn't worth it till your channel is a good chunk bigger and can actually monetize the traffic gained from your youtube channel to the website.

XD XD XD

Just try with the free version and decide for yourself.
As you already know from blogger.com you have all the basic knowledge required.
I believe that you will find it very interesting with all options available even on free version.
the only thing is that it needs time to dig info and search menus and help forum.

EDIT: I just saw "Website exclusive"
well, there is a patreon plugin for wordpress that unlock posts for patrons.

Thanks for the advice man :) I really appreciate it :) I just wanted to be sure I knew what I was getting myself into as my workloads pretty near critical mass as it is xD though it looks like this should *hopefully* be pretty straightforward :)[DOUBLEPOST=1523295482,1523295309][/DOUBLEPOST]
It depends really. Since you make a movie review channel it might be a good idea to have a blog that does that as well to gain traction from multiple places. Some people would rather read a review than watch a video or the other way around. Sometimes making a website isn't worth it till your channel is a good chunk bigger and can actually monetize the traffic gained from your youtube channel to the website.

I was thinking that might be the case; though at the same time I was thinking it may be a bit of a cyclical thing whereby putting my videos on a website would give it an additional listing on Google which may help push it up the search ranking which in turn would mean more people would be likely to see my content and that would help to grow my channel a bit (On top of posting to social media, reddit and facebook groups/message boards as well obviously) I also thought it would help as a good creative "Out" for me to post about stuff that either it would be very difficult/complex to make a video on or on something altogether unrelated to movie reviews if the mood took me :)

Well; I would imagine its a bit of a cyclical thing really; if you make a webpage and host your videos on it they'll rank more times (Or be more likely to rank) in google searches on the content your covering. driving more traffic to your youtube channel and in turn more subscribers, those subs will then no doubt drive your channel up and in turn make the search results for your embedded videos more likely to rank (Or more likely to rank higher in search) meaning more traffic...and so on and so on...if you have something on your site that works to bring keep people there (Like blog posts or a forum) then thats just a plus really :)[DOUBLEPOST=1523293320,1523293166][/DOUBLEPOST]

I used to use blogger years and years ago but its the old homer simpson addage "Everytime I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" xD So I may be very very rusty with it...that being said I self taught myself to use Google adwords and that thing was terrifying when I first got into it xD So to clarify; Im not going to sign up and immediately be bombarded with reams and reams of code where if I delete even 1 character accidentally the whole thing irreparably broke then? xD[DOUBLEPOST=1523293492][/DOUBLEPOST]

See thats another thing I was debating whether to go for the paid (£36 a year) premium domain or whether to start off with the .wordpress.com extension...with the former it looks professional and its a relatively low price if I stick to it...but that IF's the big hanging thing here xD[DOUBLEPOST=1523293604][/DOUBLEPOST]

That would be more or less what I would be doing only I was thinking of using it occasionally for the odd "Website exclusive" blog post which would maybe feature posts a bit more off topic than on my youtube page (Politics, opinion pieces, rants, general talk that kind of thing) I'd also like to keep the idea of a forum open (I dont know if thats possible either) just because I like the idea of running a bad movie board xD

ok nice, hope that it goes well!

Back