Is it legal to make my video about another youtuber?

Yes the person used some racial slurs that were rude and ridiculous. It baffled me so much that I felt compelled to talk about it. Then again, like I said I do want more views. Everyone wants more views. This video is being made for real reasons because I actually feel passionate about the topic BUT more views is a goal of mine too. It doesn't mean I'm disingenuous. .. not that any of u are saying that. .. I'm just saying..

the real problem would be getting dislikes. People on youtube get so butthurt for someone talking about there favorite youtube for no reason

I could care less haha, but I agree with you. I'm Certain I will get dislikes. But good or bad, as long as people are talking about it...mthats what's important. This issue needs to be talked about.

Legal but just using clips is risky. We've allowed kids to show brief clips of our show secondarily (showing themselves watching our show on their monitor for a few seconds). But any time you use another YouTuber's content or image you do put yourself at risk for a takedown and/or strike.

A friend of mine used an image of a celeb in a thumbnail and was asked by the celeb's rep to take it down once it got very popular.

just be careful because while its not against youtube TOS defamation can become a legal matter

You can post about them and disclose what ever you want. Be wary of the words in your choice because saying the wrong thing can get you long term flak. That being said as far as posting links...thats your choice.

Back