A while back I started to add a short (2-3 second) intro to my videos, but someone pointed out to me that I shouldn't do that. Now I have started to doubt myself, what do you guys think? (the video in my signature does not have that intro).
I like your intro, it's very quick and also brands your videos. Something that is 3 seconds is "purr"-fect, I would ignore that person. I get irritated when the intros are like 10 seconds or more, especially when binge watching a channel. One example of an intro that is effective and not irritating when binge watching is CoP, they are one of my favorite channels and their intro does not bug me. I would keep it.

Here's a CoP video just so you can see what I mean about a quick and effective intro

You should see how I make my intro. But I love your 2 - 3 second intro btw! It notifies the viewers that a certain YouTuber is you that's making the video, and not anyone else. That didn't go too well.. :unsure:

You should see how I make my intro. But I love your 2 - 3 second intro btw! It notifies the viewers that a certain YouTuber is you that's making the video, and not anyone else. That didn't go too well.. :unsure:
Love your intro, I don't have the skills to do that unfortunately :) Mine was made with Powerpoint :p

I'm not a massive fan of intro's to be fair but they sometimes work!

I am using a new technique where i'm shooting a mini montage kinda intro thing before each vlog and i kinda like it, check my last couple videos out to see what i mean

Back