Other Interview "Documentary" For very Small, but growing YouTube channels

I started my Channel not long ago have around 200 subsribers and 19,000 views,
my main focus is looking at video game history.

I do creative work outside YouTube for instance I am the author of the acclaimed graphic novel
'Hippy Jonny and the banality of life' (google it)

If your interested I'd like to be part of this.

The goal that I had for this is to speak with people who have an engaged audience and consistent viewership. Basically people who have the same thing that the top YouTubers have, except the money ^_^. I don't know the best cutoff for this, but I know if you only have 100 subscribers, you probably haven't reached the level that I'm looking for, you're still building. I will check out people who are interested, though and make exceptions if you seem to fit the mold.
Perhaps a similar collaboration can be made for people who are just getting started, but this particular project is not for people who are "just getting started". It is for people who have been making videos a while and have grown an audience.

BTW I am still keeping an eye on this, sorry I haven't responded in a while, I have had some things come up IRL.

The goal that I had for this is to speak with people who have an engaged audience and consistent viewership. Basically people who have the same thing that the top YouTubers have, except the money ^_^. I don't know the best cutoff for this, but I know if you only have 100 subscribers, you probably haven't reached the level that I'm looking for, you're still building. I will check out people who are interested, though and make exceptions if you seem to fit the mold.
Perhaps a similar collaboration can be made for people who are just getting started, but this particular project is not for people who are "just getting started". It is for people who have been making videos a while and have grown an audience.

BTW I am still keeping an eye on this, sorry I haven't responded in a while, I have had some things come up IRL.

FYI I have been making videos for over 3 years, I joined Martell Brothers Network last year, and to do so I had to start a new channel so I could be partnered with them.
I've built up over 200 subs since I made my channel mid september.

I think if done right, this should be really good..though Benjamin Cook's channel seems professionally edited heh :]
I would totally be down to help (either by being interviewed or with the editing). Once the ball gets rolling you can skype me @ luvepriscilla
Looks like enough people are interested to get this started.. either way let me know when! :]

I am working on gathering the questions I want people to answer. My video is not going to be as professionally shot/edited as Ben's but i hope that i turns out okay.

Now, this is just an idea I literally just came up with at 4:30 AM, but I am gauging interest.

I've been watching the YouTube series "Becoming YouTube" by user ninebrassmonkeys, which is a documentary series starring many of the most famous YouTubers from the UK. (It's amazing, watch it).
But anyway, they discuss what it's like to be a YouTuber, what it takes to be a YouTuber, how to succeed as a YouTuber. And it's all very interesting, but there's a trend I've noticed with things like that. Not only this series, but other things like partnerproject and pretty much anytime anyone does any kind of interview with a YouTuber. They always speak with people who've already "made it." They speak with people who do this for a living. These YouTubers speak from the perspective of people with a lot more of a margin for error than the little guys.
I have a feeling people might have slightly different opinions if they don't get hundreds of thousands of views already. If they still have to keep their day job.
So I want to know what those people have to say.
My idea is to just ask a group of small youtubers a list of questions and put together sort of a "documentary" piece (although not to any kind of professional quality standard. Just clips.) where we discuss YouTube and being a creator on YouTube.
For this piece I'd like to involve small, but active, devoted creators. By that I mean, you have an active channel with regular uploads and a decent following, but your videos still do not generate any significant amount of income.
I"m thinking people with perhaps 400-5000 subs (with proportional video views).
I need people who speak clearly and confidently and can record their faces with decent quality. You don't have to have a DLSR, but I mean, I just want to be able to see your face.

Also it would be nice if someone could provide music for the project. Just light, happy sounding loops pretty much.

Anyway, that's the idea. I'm gonna go to bed and come back here later. If you're interested let me know, and with enough interest I will PM more details.
Heck! Hook me up with this if you can!
I have a decent mic since it's part of my Turtle Beach X11's, I have a decent webcam on my laptop or I could use my SIII 8MP camera if you would need me to which could also record the audio.
1.1K+ Subs
It's easy to tell I'm devoted since I'm an animator *It is NOT easy*
Am in school still and plan to go into a career of animation.

This sounds really interesting. Feel free to take a look at our channel (we're a comedy channel that has consistently been making 2 video a week for the past year. 500 subs, 100k+ views). We'd love to sit down and answer the questions on camera. Plus it might be nice to add some variety to the video by having a YouTube "group" :) Good luck with the project. Can't wait to see it finished!

Back