Inconsistency in monetization?

Ryan Bruton

I've recently started uploaded gaming videos, and noticed these inconsistencies in whether my videos are monetized or not.
For example, I've just started a dead space series, the first was monetized, the second has not been, even though they are both gameplays with commentary. It should be interesting to see if the third part is accepted tonight.
I know that copyright and licencing is full of grey areas (to my understanding), and I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me and everyone else. I'm aware that there are others who are just as confused.
Also, I've heard a lot about the 'fair use' act, and this also intrgues me.
Thanks
Ryan

What network are you with? Contact them and see if there has been an issue claiming the videos.

If you're self-monetising, you should un-monetise, because you will get a strike, especially on Dead Space 3 stuff.

Tip, if you aren't partner with a network, never monetize gaming videos. As Frankie said, you will get a copyright strike and end up with a six month suspension in which you can't join a network at all or monetize anything. This isn't grey it's a fact. Also make sure your volume is low, no cut scenes, and you do commentary on all your game play so when you want to partner they is no problems (this is still copyright violating, but networks look the other way when it's done like this). Also, make sure you don't have copyrighted music at all in any of your videos. Good luck. :)

Also,Dead Space 3 videos have tons of problems with copyright in the beginning of the game. I've seen multiple people complaining about it,some get matched with third party content and some don't. I did already like 11 parts of the game,and never got third party content warning. It all depends,if you're lucky you won't get it,if you're not...well you know what to do.

Cheers guys this is all really useful! I'm not currently with a network, this is a large part of why I signed up to this website. I was reading earlier about Fullscreen, and I saw comments saying they have no or little licencing rights to games. It would be interesting to hear what you would recommend for a gaming channel?

I'm sorry I take that back, I believe I am Partnered with Youtube? Sorry I'm still quite new to all this and don't have a great understanding. Not too long ago, Youtube were asking when I logged in if I wanted to monetize my videos, which I eventually decided to go for. But then I'm sure I went through a process to become a partner, and in the image attached, it says: Partner: Verified. What does this mean if I wanted to go onto apply for other networks?

Attachments

• Ytube Partner.jpg
    Ytube Partner.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm sorry I take that back, I believe I am Partnered with Youtube? Sorry I'm still quite new to all this and don't have a great understanding. Not too long ago, Youtube were asking when I logged in if I wanted to monetize my videos, which I eventually decided to go for. But then I'm sure I went through a process to become a partner, and in the image attached, it says: Partner: Verified. What does this mean if I wanted to go onto apply for other networks?
Mine is like that to, just the thumbnails i cant do.. and im so anxious :(

I
Mine is like that to, just the thumbnails i cant do.. and im so anxious :(

I'm pretty sure you should have the thumbnails?? Mine were enabled pretty much instantly. Maybe you should email Youtube and ask why you don't have them, no harm in asking

Back