Importance of Watermarking

iDastardly

I've Got It
Reaction score
I never used to watermark mine until I found someone uploading them on his own channel and ever since then I have always added my watermark.

ford1001

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not too sure how to watermark, anybody care to share?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will tell you quickly how to in Sony Vegas but I do plan on doing a proper video tutorial this week some time.

Design your watermark in Photoshop, save as PNG with a white background, drag the image onto a new video track in Vegas, click on track motion in your track settings to the left and move the logo into position and drag it out across the length of the track. Click on the clip and drag the opacity down or up, I cant remember which way it is and it is blue I believe and that should look good.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay a slight change here, when adjusting the opacity you dont need to do what I said above. On the left you will see level 100%, adjust the slider for the opacity and also hover the clip on the timeline and click Event Pan/Crop and click and drag the top right handle up and away rather than inwards to make it smaller and use the track motion to position it. Make sure to not have anything else on this track too. If you need a new track right click the track settings box on the left where track motion etc is and then insert a new video track for it. That works in Vegas Pro 10.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem let us know how you get on with it :)

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I have my logo in all of my video's, except for let's plays.
I also had the url to my channel in them, but I don't really like how that looks.

I watermark just like Micheal posted, except I use a transparent background with the .png. I also make it a 1280 x 720 picture, so I only have to drag it into the video timeline, and the positioning will be whatever I did in photoshop. :)
However, I work with Premiere Pro, I don't know if everything I do also works in Vegas.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah a transparent background PNG would work a lot better for most people, not a bad idea with the PNG size too :)