I'm sad to see it go....

All of their users?
There is a small percentage of people that are complaining about this.

Most people probably don't or won't ever even care > seeing as they are coming from Google+ anyway and are not content creators.

Welcome to the world of being an artist.

I bet you aren't complaining that DSLRs having video are making it so that anyone can make videos now and it's taking away from production companies, actors and the entire film industry in general.

Or how about the fact that you can download music online for free instead of having to buy an entire album...?

Things change. You need to find a way to make money using a different route.

That is just life. It will always change, whether good or bad; until you are the one creating the sites that host this stuff, then all you can do is ride along and make SELF CHANGES accordingly.

Sounds harsh, but that is the life of an artist.
Every single person I have spoken too hates the look of it. Even the people who just watch videos.. This is about 200 people on IRC channels and real. Sure many people might not care but many more people do.

Aren't discussion the same as comments in the current system? :eek: Didn't see anything different in the examples they showed except that it was titled "Discussions" x_x
Comments in the current system take like 3 clicks to get to, meaning they are rarely used....

Every single person I have spoken too hates the look of it. Even the people who just watch videos.. This is about 200 people on IRC channels and real. Sure many people might not care but many more people do.

Well obviously they tested this with thousands before they rolled it out; that is just good business practice.
The change may have been warranted.

I would assume it's because laptops/desktops are being replaced by pads and phones for the casual viewers.
I use my iPad more for YouTube than my laptops, simply because it's more mobile.

The NEW YouTube looks/fits MUCH better on tablets (using it as a Desktop site instead of App)
I HATE the YouTube app, I rather use it in desktop mode.

So if that is their target market, I think they did a very smart thing.

People bitched about Facebooks timeline as well, and it's a year in and no one gives a s**t anymore. I'm sure the same thing will happen with YouTube.
They will change something in a year and everyone will forget why they hated it in the first place.

Here's to Change /Cheers

Well obviously they tested this with thousands before they rolled it out; that is just good business practice.
The change much have been warranted.

I would assume it's because laptops/desktops are being replaced by pads and phones for the casual viewers.
I use my iPad more for YouTube than my laptops, simply because it's more mobile.

The NEW YouTube looks/fits MUCH better on tablets (using it as a Desktop site instead of App)
I HATE the YouTube app, I rather use it in desktop mode.

So if that is their target market, I think they did a very smart thing.

People bitched about Facebooks timeline as well, and it's a year in and no one gives a s**t anymore. I'm sure the same thing will happen with YouTube.
They will change something in a year and everyone will forget why they hated it in the first place.

Here's to Change /Cheers
Yea fair point, I do doubt that they really do enough proper research with the new layouts, they might just ask casual viewers instead of content creators...
Heh, hopefully they will fix their s**t..

Yea fair point, I do doubt that they really do enough proper research with the new layouts, they might just ask casual viewers instead of content creators...
Heh, hopefully they will fix their s**t..

I think it kinda sucks that you won't be able to customize your channel any longer, but I do think that by homogenizing the site will bring the GOOD content forward and more visible. Nothing worse than going to someones page with lasers and a light show background making it hard to concentrate on the video you are viewing (less using fullscreen mode of course)

YouTube is taking their ways to the likes of Vimeo (vimeo has a very simplistic site), which is surprisingly doing QUITE well and coming up on YouTube's piece of the pie.
And you gotta remember, Vimeo charges to put up content, YouTube does not....

As long as YouTube stays free, I could give two s***s about how much YouTube changes things.

I think it kinda sucks that you won't be able to customize your channel any longer, but I do think that by homogenizing the site will bring the GOOD content forward and more visible. Nothing worse than going to someones page with lasers and a light show background making it hard to concentrate on the video you are viewing (less using fullscreen mode of course)

YouTube is taking their ways to the likes of Vimeo (vimeo has a very simplistic site), which is surprisingly doing QUITE well and coming up on YouTube's piece of the pie.
And you gotta remember, Vimeo charges to put up content, YouTube does not....

As long as YouTube stays free, I could give two s***s about how much YouTube changes things.
Heh, true. I just hope they don't remove more and more customization.
Also Vimeo seems to have a lot more pro content uploaded to Youtube, dunno if they are trying to appeal to that crowd..

Back