I'm sad to see it go....

epiem

Achieve. Create. Inspire.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Heh, true. I just hope they don't remove more and more customization.
Also Vimeo seems to have a lot more pro content uploaded to Youtube, dunno if they are trying to appeal to that crowd..
I never understood why so many "Pro's" use Vimeo, but since YouTube is shifting their "look" to being more "professional" by streamlining, I can now see that might have been a part of it.
There is a lot of useless, crappy content on YouTube. Vimeo is about short films and sharing ideas.

I just don't get why someone would PAY to put up HD video, when YouTube doesn't require this.
I can only assume it's an "elitist" attitude towards it: "Well, if I have to pay for the service, it must be better....right? 'Cause, this is where all of my rich friends gather"

Vimeo video quality IS THE EXACT SAME as YouTube....with the exception of handling 4k footage better than YouTube.

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
It seems as soon as people are complacent with one update, along comes another not many people are sure about/like.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I never understood why so many "Pro's" use Vimeo, but since YouTube is shifting their "look" to being more "professional" by streamlining, I can now see that might have been a part of it.
There is a lot of useless, crappy content on YouTube. Vimeo is about short films and sharing ideas.

I just don't get why someone would PAY to put up HD video, when YouTube doesn't require this.
I can only assume it's an "elitist" attitude towards it: "Well, if I have to pay for the service, it must be better....right? 'Cause, this is where all of my rich friends gather"

Vimeo video quality IS THE EXACT SAME as YouTube....with the exception of handling 4k footage better than YouTube.
Yea..I don't know either, maybe because Vimeo has the Vimeo awards and film tutorials posted by the staff, it seems very friendly to filmmakers..Youtube be wanting some of that pie! As long as they don't charge to put stuff up..