If you had $1000 to throw at youtube to increase your Subscriber base. How would you spend it?

I would go with equipment. Better quality = better success. You said you don't want to spend it on equipment though so I would go with focused advertising :)

I was about to say something similar... Buy 1k worth of coke and try to do the biggest line in history and have somebody or some rig move along with your face. Possibly write your channel name in cursive with it to be really creative. After that, do a time lapse of yourself in a room for the night.[DOUBLEPOST=1408027411,1408027308][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I've bought a GoPro Hero 3 Black, a bunch of mounts, and some editing software.... Not quite $1000 but not cheap. I would have bought my GoPro even without Youtube just so I could record my mountain biking trips...

When he was talking about coke, I thought he meant cola :p Im so naive.
I have a hero 3 as well. It's cool, I use it for my secondary shots next to my dslr close ups sometimes.[DOUBLEPOST=1408028754][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would go with equipment. Better quality = better success. You said you don't want to spend it on equipment though so I would go with focused advertising :)
have a quick look at some of my vids. I wonder if better quality would really equal better success. I feel my video quality is pretty on par. But hey, maybe that is just my ego talking.
For instance, would you say if I filmed on a 5dmarkIII I would have more views than If I filmed on a Rebel Ti3 (600D for europeans)?
will an extra light or 2 bump up my subs?

When he was talking about coke, I thought he meant cola :p Im so naive.
I have a hero 3 as well. It's cool, I use it for my secondary shots next to my dslr close ups sometimes.[DOUBLEPOST=1408028754][/DOUBLEPOST]
have a quick look at some of my vids. I wonder if better quality would really equal better success. I feel my video quality is pretty on par. But hey, maybe that is just my ego talking.
For instance, would you say if I filmed on a 5dmarkIII I would have more views than If I filmed on a Rebel Ti3 (600D for europeans)?
will an extra light or 2 bump up my subs?

Okay wow, my bad. I hadn't seen your content prior to posting. Your quality is superb. I take back my answer about buying equipment, I think you should focus it somewhere else without a doubt.

Okay wow, my bad. I hadn't seen your content prior to posting. Your quality is superb. I take back my answer about buying equipment, I think you should focus it somewhere else without a doubt.
Thanks for supporting my ego :p
p.s Mind if i steal that idea for 525 words to the girl I love? Sounds like a cool song title!

maybe I should have written (Without killing me) in the title :p
Haha, Ive definitely asked the same question before and I always got the same stupid answers to jump off a roof and smash my ******* on a fence. of course your classic gateway video. Honestly I would get a better mic maybe invest in a Blue Mic or something of the sort if you don't already have one. After that I don't know, go have an adventure singing riptide and going on a road trip. Id watch that...

You wouldn't have saved that money unless you knew what you where going to buy with it eh? My vote also goes towards equipment. I'd get really nice cyber-shot camera myself! Or maybe a 3rd actioncam and upgrade my sony vegas to the latest spec.

Save the money for a travel fund to go to the next VidCon, rent a limo so you make a big splash arriving, then promote and network your butt off for three days. You'll get views and have a great experience.

Reactions: Tae
Back