Ideas for Skits

Hi,

I just watched a couple of videos on your channel. I like your videos! I subscribed! I always wanted to film and direct my own skits! Right now, I'm just filming myself delivering Monologues. Maybe you can check it out.

@veronica33067 - Just a friendly warning - Please understand that asking for people to check out your channel, subs, views etc is against the rules here otherwise the whole forum would be full of people asking everyone to check out their stuff. Members have a link in their sig. (site rules: http://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-rules-quick-and-easy-to-read.127266/ )

Active YTtalk members earn virtual cash by making posts. - The cash can then be spent on options that allow members to promote their videos in the video/channels section and to add a video to their signature. :) Promotion anywhere else is not allowed. Thank you. :)

@veronica33067 - Just a friendly warning - Please understand that asking for people to check out your channel, subs, views etc is against the rules here otherwise the whole forum would be full of people asking everyone to check out their stuff. Members have a link in their sig. (site rules: )

Active YTtalk members earn virtual cash by making posts. - The cash can then be spent on options that allow members to promote their videos in the video/channels section and to add a video to their signature. :) Promotion anywhere else is not allowed. Thank you. :)

Ok. I got it. :sadness:

your monologue is well done! what type of skits are you trying to do? how are you trying to go about them?

Ahh, thanks for checking it out! :ugo:

Well, I basically just started utilizing my YouTube channel. The focus right now is performing monologues from different genres. It's the only way I can stay active within the industry until I can go back and finish acting school. :wat?:

This monologue was supposed to be a comedic monologue. That didn't dawn on me until later. :wat?: I may reshoot to be more comedic.

My next monologue I want to perform is also a comedic monologue. So, of course, I want to perform it in a way that's funny. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to perform it using a fake accent or my natural voice. I'm thinking of doing both. Maybe I can create one video with the fake accent (non-professional, goofy/silly) and the other in my natural voice (more professional). I already have the lines down so I'm comfortable performing it. I'm just not sure how I want to deliver it.:wat?:

Ahh, thanks for checking it out! :ugo:

Well, I basically just started utilizing my YouTube channel. The focus right now is performing monologues from different genres. It's the only way I can stay active within the industry until I can go back and finish acting school. :wat?:

This monologue was supposed to be a comedic monologue. That didn't dawn on me until later. :wat?: I may reshoot to be more comedic.

My next monologue I want to perform is also a comedic monologue. So, of course, I want to perform it in a way that's funny. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to perform it using a fake accent or my natural voice. I'm thinking of doing both. Maybe I can create one video with the fake accent (non-professional, goofy/silly) and the other in my natural voice (more professional). I already have the lines down so I'm comfortable performing it. I'm just not sure how I want to deliver it.:wat?:

i totally agree with your plan to do it in both manners and also think if you want it to stand out maybe add some props maybe even shoot it as a scene instead of just at home in your living room.

i totally agree with your plan to do it in both manners and also think if you want it to stand out maybe add some props maybe even shoot it as a scene instead of just at home in your living room.

I will keep that in mind. However, there's not a lot of great places to shoot in my apartment. :( Also, I plan to use these videos as submissions for auditions. :sneaky2: I'll consider using props for the non-professional videos. :smileysmile:

Back