I think that i have figured out a way to get more subs. (not the sandwiches)

Carl Lubarg

I haven't taken a psychology class or anything, but here is a giant thing i have noticed.

I used to use i funny alot, and i found that, when you just put a picture out there, it gets no likes. But once it gets past 20, it majorly takes off.
Im pretty sure that people passed it and just moved on because it didn't have any likes yet, even if they thought it was funny. Ive even found myself doing this, were a post has a lot of down votes, so i down vote it too, even if i thought it was funny.

I think it works the same way with subscribers, were if you already have like a hundred, then people will be more apt to subscribe. Now im not asking for your subscription (im not saying not to though :) ) but i do think that this continues to make it hard for really small channels to get on their feet.

so yeah

Everyone knows this lol That's why bigger YouTubers continue to gain subscribers when smaller 1s are overlooked. The thinking process is usually "Hey this person has 1mil subs, why? I should check them out to find out" "Oh this stuff is great, I'll subscribe". The same can apply to video views. Curiosity is what attracts people. Hence why people used to and still do sometimes use misleading titles and thumbnails.

Everyone knows this lol That's why bigger YouTubers continue to gain subscribers when smaller 1s are overlooked. The thinking process is usually "Hey this person has 1mil subs, why? I should check them out to find out" "Oh this stuff is great, I'll subscribe". The same can apply to video views. Curiosity is what attracts people. Hence why people used to and still do sometimes use misleading titles and thumbnails.
In the new youtube system, video popularity is based on view duration, so im pretty sure that misleading titles would be useless.

In the new youtube system, video popularity is based on view duration, so im pretty sure that misleading titles would be useless.
They are useless but but I'm saying curiosity can get to people and it's a known fact, hence why YouTube implemented the retention system to stop people exploiting peoples curiosity. Unfortunately the people who do the right thing as usual end up suffering for it :/

Back