i need your advice

Jamie

Maestro
hey i'm a young musician and i have had my youtube account for 2 months now. the problem is that i don't have that many subscribers (30) and i really really want my channel to grow, not because i want to make money out of it, but because i want feedback and i want people that might need music for their videos to ask me for help. (I'm eager to work)y

i've tried nearly anything to promote my videos and i'm out of ideas so i'm asking you for advice. do you know how i can promote my music the best way?

greets
Jamie

Hi Jamie! I think your channel is still really really young and 2 months is too short of a time to judge it as not being noticed. On my first 2 months on YouTube, I got less then 10 subs but as I kept posting content, my subs eventually grew. Of course you could try a ton of other things like trying to market your brand/channel/music through various social medias but at the same time, you could offer some free music to other youtubers on this forums. Keep your head up and keep creating the content you create and I'm sure people will notice you eventually. YouTube is an investment and takes time to mature so dont give up :)

I do it via forums, such as YT talk. Though you're not aloud to promote or encourage people to go to your channel and sub, it seems to be ok if you simply ask for advice or feedback and hope they visit your channel while doing so :)

Hope this helps,

Matt

Hi Jamie! I think your channel is still really really young and 2 months is too short of a time to judge it as not being noticed. On my first 2 months on YouTube, I got less then 10 subs but as I kept posting content, my subs eventually grew. Of course you could try a ton of other things like trying to market your brand/channel/music through various social medias but at the same time, you could offer some free music to other youtubers on this forums. Keep your head up and keep creating the content you create and I'm sure people will notice you eventually. YouTube is an investment and takes time to mature so dont give up :)

i guess that totally makes sense, unfortunatly i'm a very impatiant person xD but thank you anyway for your post, it actually does make me feel more confident about my channel, especially when i see that you have over 6000 subs now :)

I do it via forums, such as YT talk. Though you're not aloud to promote or encourage people to go to your channel and sub, it seems to be ok if you simply ask for advice or feedback and hope they visit your channel while doing so :)

Hope this helps,

Matt

how ironic^^ but i actually wanted advice, i didn't do it to promote my channel if you think so^^

how ironic^^ but i actually wanted advice, i didn't do it to promote my channel if you think so^^

Well I got to be honset, I really love the feedback, but I still find it hard to take constructive critism, but asking for advice and feedback actaully earned me a good 20 subs while I was doing so. Completely accidental, but I still got subs haha

Well I got to be honset, I really love the feedback, but I still find it hard to take constructive critism, but asking for advice and feedback actaully earned me a good 20 subs while I was doing so. Completely accidental, but I still got subs haha

haha ok i will keep that in mind and go check out your channel now :p

Hello I am not a musician but i do have a few ideas :) First of all Yttalk is proably the best place to promote your Youtube given you stay active. Secondly social neworks like twitter facebook never hurt also you might look into Myspace There site is now totally dedicated to musicians I don't know much about how good Myspace works ?I just went to myspace one day out the blue and noticed it wasn't the same it was all music people .

As a fellow musician all I can advise to you is to upload quality content and be patient. I know I'm not a famous youtuber either but I started my channel just half a year ago so considering that I don't put much effort into advertising my channel/videos I feel like my channel is doing fine (I'm not saying it couldn't be better of course :D). You might also choose your tags carefully when uploading a new video (I recommand the YouTube keyword tool, just google it). And as I mentioned before, be patient. If you keep on uploading, subs and views will eventually come in without any effort by your side. ;) Good luck.

Back