I don't quite understand this...

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
So I was browsing some other youtube channels when I stumbled across a small food channel with under 200 subscribers. Their videos are ok, but some of their videos have 3-5k views within the last week or 2. Now the food they cook is lovely I'm sure, but I don't think the dishes are heavily searched, also I noticed some of their other videos have around 60-150 views, which would seem accurate for the channel size. Now either the channel is buying views, has extremely good SEO/watch time, or they have some amazing external marketing strategy. Just a bit confused as to why the view count is so inconsistent. I don't want to name the channel of course, because in don't want to show them up or anything. Strange

They are probably posting it externally, whether it be to reddit or food related Facebook groups/pages/comments. Not to mention there are plenty of people who take a "spam" approach to their marketing. Tagging specific people on twitter 100x people a day and many other methods. Depends how desperate a person is.

They are probably posting it externally, whether it be to reddit or food related Facebook groups/pages/comments. Not to mention there are plenty of people who take a "spam" approach to their marketing. Tagging specific people on twitter 100x people a day and many other methods. Depends how desperate a person is.
Well I hope the method is an honest one, if it is then good luck to them, if not...then I shall tut and frown intently lol

So I was browsing some other youtube channels when I stumbled across a small food channel with under 200 subscribers. Their videos are ok, but some of their videos have 3-5k views within the last week or 2. Now the food they cook is lovely I'm sure, but I don't think the dishes are heavily searched, also I noticed some of their other videos have around 60-150 views, which would seem accurate for the channel size. Now either the channel is buying views, has extremely good SEO/watch time, or they have some amazing external marketing strategy. Just a bit confused as to why the view count is so inconsistent. I don't want to name the channel of course, because in don't want to show them up or anything. Strange

I don't think the channel is buying views, maybe they have good watch time and know how to market their content :)

Nah, if its that much views only, it could be obtained by other ways other than buying views illegally.

I know coz I was like that when I had less than 1k subs. I promoted everywhere I could think of(shared on sites and even experimented using ads), that all my videos were over 500 to maybe 2-3k views(I don't think a video ever went past 3k for me tho using this method without youtube's internal sources).

But doing it this way, it took me 20k views to get 100 subs in 2 months. lol

Back