I don't quite understand this...

A good way to rule out some possibilities is to download VidIQ. VidIQ will let you see stats including reddit posts/upvotes, twitter posts, facebook posts, average view duration, tags, and search engine rankings. That way you can see if they are getting a lot of views from external sources, how well the video is doing, etc...

A good way to rule out some possibilities is to download VidIQ. VidIQ will let you see stats including reddit posts/upvotes, twitter posts, facebook posts, average view duration, tags, and search engine rankings. That way you can see if they are getting a lot of views from external sources, how well the video is doing, etc...
Awesome thanks ☺

I can relate to that person you're referring - less subscribers but views were quite okay, mine is about cooking too, people are searching for the food not just about the title but the thumbnail, they did an SEO, promoting their videos like you have in your signature or many more. It is so unfair for someone to be judged in that way.

It could easily be by AdWords. Getting views via purchasing ads (which isn't illegal or against YouTube's policy) is a strategy that's used often, and while it's not organic and doesn't lead to subscribers, necessarily, I can see it as a strategy for a cooking channel.

It could easily be by AdWords. Getting views via purchasing ads (which isn't illegal or against YouTube's policy) is a strategy that's used often, and while it's not organic and doesn't lead to subscribers, necessarily, I can see it as a strategy for a cooking channel.
Thanks mate, that's a good point. I don't think I'll be going down that route though. Too expensive I imagine lol

Some videos have more spikes than others depending on the popularity of the video....I've had some videos go upwards of 10-15k views while only having 800 subs, you get a spike in a certain video or series that people like then it dies back down. Pretty normal.

Back