I became a full-time YouTuber.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
I wrote this thread last year which was me leaving my full time job to try and do YouTube.
You can find it on my recent post before this one.
A lot of people doubted me.
Doubt being what stops most people in the world.
Well I am eager to tell you all after completing the long 6 month test I am a full-time youtuber for about 4 months now and steadily growing with some recent outbursts.
I just want you all to know that if you have a dream and you are good at that dream and you love it then take it to the next step.
Only if you can of course but always be working on ways to better yourself at what you love to do.
I did and now I am a full time elder scrolls youtuber loved by many, its a dream come true to make so many happy and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I guess to all those who responded with a "you are out of your mind" mentality, I guess I get to laugh a little now.
So use me as proof guys.
I did it.
So can all of you.

Good for you that you have achieved your dream! Now just work hard to keep the dream going!
You could also post tips and tricks in the forums, to add to all of the already existing tips that are there! Good for you that you made it!

Congrats - I can see you have had a good week in views/new subs. I wouldnt buy that Lambo yet though. Fingers crossed the higher views keep up for you.

Can I ask what your earning are until now? $100 a month? I assume you dont have any bills to pay for?

Congrats. I see your vid from 5 days blew up. Well done but I would echo what Evo said. YouTube's algorithm can be quite fickle at times. Good luck. :)

Congrats! That is really amazing you were able to make youtube a full time gig with the amount of subscribers that you have. It would be really great if I could do that as well with a smaller subscriber base like you did :) Keep up the great work, and I hope things keep going well for you!

Well done. Looking at your channel history it looks like you've put a lot of work into it!

Are you relying on ad revenue for your income or are you selling merchandise as well? As Crown and Evo said, it looks like you had a really successful video a few days ago but I'm guessing you must have found another way to monetise too?

Congrats if it worked out for you, but I wouldn't pipe the dream for everyone else. 4 months isn't a long time to conclude that "all of you" are capable of making YouTube a full-time job.

I will agree with you that if people can look past the hardship of being a YouTuber and also have the talent to be successful on this platform, then they should go for it. That is, of course, they're being real with themselves and not thinking too highly of their own skills that they're blinded from their true capabilities.

So, IMO, it takes hard work, talent, AND honesty to truly gauge your likelihood of being successful on YouTube. Congrats again to your success.

Congrats if it worked out for you, but I wouldn't pipe the dream for everyone else. 4 months isn't a long time to conclude that "all of you" are capable of making YouTube a full-time job.

I will agree with you that if people can look past the hardship of being a YouTuber and also have the talent to be successful on this platform, then they should go for it. That is, of course, they're being real with themselves and not thinking too highly of their own skills that they're blinded from their true capabilities.

So, IMO, it takes hard work, talent, AND honesty to truly gauge your likelihood of being successful on YouTube. Congrats again to your success.
Yeah I see what you are saying. Some people aren't very realistic with themselves about their content. I am probably my own worst critic not only with my youtube channel, but for myself in general in life so hopefully I stay at least realistic haha

Back